[Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
All sorts of factors go into determining a drama’s potential appeal, but one of the strongest is definitely the cast. I know I’m not the only one who’s tuned into a drama merely because my current favorite oppa was appearing.
One such case was Kim Jae-young in the Kim Sun-ah vehicle Secret Boutique. I probably wouldn’t have given the drama much attention if he wasn’t in it, but I’m so glad I did, because I really enjoyed it through and through — story, characters, tone, etc.
“Came for the oppa, stayed for the oppa only” is probably a more common occurrence — i.e., only oppa can keep you watching — but sometimes we can be pleasantly surprised.
Name a drama where you came for the oppa, but then stayed for the story.
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
- [Drama chat] Your fastest drama binge
- [Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?
- [Drama Chat] Signs of a baddie
- [Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates