[Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
While it might be true there’s nothing new under the sun, there’s also great fun in seeing a favorite story adapted for the screen. Of late, we’ve seen more and more dramas take life from webtoons and web novels, and occasionally from a regular novel. Though they come with heavy expectations, it’s also fun to see a story translated for the screen.
Now, Hollywood-izing a favorite Victorian novel is one thing (a pox on that idea!), but K-dramifying a story is a whole other ballgame. That takes a firm grasp of the genre, it’s form, and the elements that make it fly off the screen and into your heart.
What’s a favorite story that you’d love to see turned into a 16-episode K-drama? Name the story — book, movie, etc. — and tell us why. And if you’re feeling extra fancy, cast the leads.
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
- [Drama chat] Your fastest drama binge
- [Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?
- [Drama Chat] Signs of a baddie
- [Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates