[Drama chat] Shark week, shark metaphors
As Shark Week wraps up on the Discovery Channel, it’s got me thinking about metaphorical sharks. You know, people who are aggressive, ruthless, and often conniving. It’s a descriptor that’s often used when referring to lawyers, given their professional proclivities, and I can certainly think of a few legal aces featured in the recently completed Why Her? that fit the bill.
K-dramas are full of characters — not just lawyers and prosecutors — who attack at the first sign of blood in the water. But depending on how you view the term, shark can also be a positive compliment for someone who’s driven and adept. Good or bad — there are a lot of sharks in dramaland.
So, who are the biggest, baddest sharks of dramaland that leave their opponents thinking they’re going to need “a bigger boat” to go up against them?
- [Drama chat] The drama you initially dismissed as not your thing
- [Drama chat] Episode previews: yea or nay?
- [Drama chat] Came for the story, discovered the oppa
- [Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
- [Drama chat] Your fastest drama binge
- [Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?
- [Drama Chat] Signs of a baddie
- [Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates