[Drama chat] The drama you initially dismissed as not your thing
Have you ever come across a wildly popular drama that you intentionally ignored while it was airing because, well, it just didn’t appeal to you? And then, for some reason, you decided to give it a chance? Well, that’s pretty much the origin story of my eternal love for Hospital Playlist, my current reigning favorite K-drama.
At first, I dismissed it as just another medical drama, and since I was a bit burnt out on the genre at the time, I avoided it. Or at least I tried to. But every time I got on Instagram my #kdrama feed was flooded with memes and spoilers from the wildly popular show. I continued to ignore them until I caught wind of the WinterGarden ship. You mean to tell me there was a slow-burn romance — my favorite kind of romance — there the whole time?!
So, shortly after the season 1 finale aired, I jumped on the Hospital Playlist bandwagon and binged the entire first season. I’ve been obsessed ever since. Like, so obsessed I bought two pairs of the officially licensed Hospital Playlist scrub pajamas, all versions of the OST, the Oxford Blocks set (like LEGOS), and the piano sheet music even though I can’t play the piano.
Have you ever prematurely dismissed a drama as “not your thing” only to have it become one of your all-time favorites?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] Episode previews: yea or nay?
- [Drama chat] Came for the story, discovered the oppa
- [Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
- [Drama chat] Your fastest drama binge
- [Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?
- [Drama Chat] Signs of a baddie
- [Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates