[Drama chat] That pesky Truck of Doom
Nary a drama goes by without a character — primary, secondary, tertiary, expendable — having some sort of interlude with the Truck of Doom. For if ever there is a crosswalk there is oncoming traffic, and if there is oncoming traffic, there is surely a Truck of Doom headed right for… someone. Anyone. You know it’s gonna happen at some point.
The Truck of Doom might be a well-established character in dramaland (and might cause you to sweat beads of stress anytime you cross the street IRL), but among all the crazy places it’s turned up, there have also been some uses that still made me jump a mile, tickled me with meta (W, anyone?), or convinced me — heartbreakingly — that it was vital to the plot (here’s looking at you, Byung-hee ♥).
What’s your favorite Truck of Doom appearance? Least favorite? When was the ToD useful to the plot? When was it at its most egregious?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] Shark week, shark metaphors
- [Drama chat] Make a case for web dramas
- [Drama chat] The drama you initially dismissed as not your thing
- [Drama chat] Episode previews: yea or nay?
- [Drama chat] Came for the story, discovered the oppa
- [Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
- [Drama chat] Your fastest drama binge
- [Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?
- [Drama Chat] Signs of a baddie
- [Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates