[Drama chat] A season 2, or a season too much?
…and they lived happily ever after. Ideally, a story should end with this, but some dramas choose to call for a second season rather than end their tale and move on. Some dramas will even deny us a satisfactory ending and hang us on a cliff of disappointment, just to extract a season 2 from an already thinning out plot.
While a few second seasons are planned from the start, the majority are a spur of the moment decision due to the drama’s popularity and/or the promise of a bigger return on investment. But for me, for the most part, I’m team dramas should just be one and done.
What are your thoughts on second seasons? Yea or nay?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] Name your dream drama pairing
- [Drama chat] Which drama do you wish didn’t exist?
- [Drama chat] Justice for Seo In-gook
- [Drama chat] Upon a Cliff of Doom
- [Drama chat] How has Extraordinary Attorney Woo impacted dramaland?
- [Drama chat] That pesky Truck of Doom
- [Drama Chat] Everything but the romance
- [Drama chat] So they’re really replacing Jung So-min in Alchemy of Souls?
- [Drama chat] Shark week, shark metaphors
- [Drama chat] Make a case for web dramas
- [Drama chat] The drama you initially dismissed as not your thing
- [Drama chat] Episode previews: yea or nay?
- [Drama chat] Came for the story, discovered the oppa
- [Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
Tags: Drama Chat