[Drama chat] Pitch your drama concept
So, not to jinx this drama from ever coming to fruition, but I’ve had this in my head for years and I’m just sitting around waiting for someone to make it.
It follows a male K-pop group through the rigors of their professional life, but it’s a little more heavy and thoughtful than what we’ve seen in Imitation or the like. We get all the fun of the K-pop world, but we also see what it’s like behind the scenes, from the poking and prodding to the pressure and lack of privacy.
Behind the scenes also lies our heroine, a cordinoona and/or stylist who’s been working with the group for a while, sees under the veneer, has witnessed all their struggles and has had her own, too. Now, one of the boys in the group has his eyes on her, but of course everything he does is monitored — and he gets roped into a publicity stunt relationship — so their romance is a very slow burn of emotional bonding and silent longing. (Because catnip.)
The plot is mostly the mayhem of photo shoots, touring, practicing, getting injured, and facing scandals, but at its root it’s about the emotional effects of being treated like an object, and not a person. It’s about living a life where a million and a half fans think they own you, your career, your body, your decisions, your lyrics — but there’s really only one person you want to share those things with.
What’s the drama you have in your heart that you’re waiting for someone to make so you can just watch it already? Pitch your drama concept below.
Let the chatting begin!
Fine print: This is just for fun. No one is mining this post for tvN’s next blockbuster hit. Well, that we know of.
- [Drama chat] What are your controversial, unpopular K-drama opinions?
- [Drama chat] How did you get into K-dramas?
- [Drama chat] A season 2, or a season too much?
- [Drama chat] Name your dream drama pairing
- [Drama chat] Which drama do you wish didn’t exist?
- [Drama chat] Justice for Seo In-gook
- [Drama chat] Upon a Cliff of Doom
- [Drama chat] How has Extraordinary Attorney Woo impacted dramaland?
- [Drama chat] That pesky Truck of Doom
- [Drama Chat] Everything but the romance
- [Drama chat] So they’re really replacing Jung So-min in Alchemy of Souls?
- [Drama chat] Shark week, shark metaphors
- [Drama chat] Make a case for web dramas
- [Drama chat] The drama you initially dismissed as not your thing
- [Drama chat] Episode previews: yea or nay?
- [Drama chat] Came for the story, discovered the oppa
- [Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
Tags: Drama Chat