[Drama chat] Dealing with disappointing endings
In many ways, 2022 is feeling like the year of, “Really, you’re going to end my drama like that?!” Whether it was the twist you didn’t need, the conclusion you dreaded, or something just plain old disappointing, we’ve all suffered our fair share of lackluster drama endings.
It strikes me that we all have our own ways of dealing with disappointing endings, too, and as much as I hate them, it’s actually interesting to see everyone’s reactions here on Dramabeans. Some people rage. Some people rewrite the entire ending in the way that suits their fancy. Some people dissect and attempt to prove why this ending was inferior. And some (and this is probably where I fall most frequently) give a sad shrug and then try to figure out why the writer actually thought that ending was a good idea.
How do you cope with a disappointing ending?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] It’s all in the details
- [Drama chat] What’s your favorite rewatch?
- [Drama chat] Who are your favorite ajusshi actors?
- [Drama chat] Pitch your drama concept
- [Drama chat] What are your controversial, unpopular K-drama opinions?
- [Drama chat] How did you get into K-dramas?
- [Drama chat] A season 2, or a season too much?
- [Drama chat] Name your dream drama pairing
- [Drama chat] Which drama do you wish didn’t exist?
- [Drama chat] Justice for Seo In-gook
- [Drama chat] Upon a Cliff of Doom