Kim So-hyun becomes a liar hunter for tvN’s My Lovely Liar

The first teaser has dropped for tvN’s upcoming mystery rom-com My Lovely Liar, showcasing our cursed gifted heroine Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm 2) whose superpower detects people’s lies. But even superheroes have bills to pay and while Mok Sol-hee (Kim So-hyun) does help people, she also charges for her services.

We, thus, open the teaser with Sol-hee looking for her next client and her business card reveals: “The liar hunter who serves the deity of truth.” She then promises her customers, in the ensuing text screens, that: “I can discern all lies. So, what’s the truth that you want to know?”

As the sequence continues, we watch as Sol-hee takes on all sorts of jobs, sniffing out the truth-sayers from the liars almost immediately. Unfazed by human deceit in any scenario, Sol-hee maintains a stony gaze through it all. But she finally breaks a smile when her pay – and lumps of shiny gold – is in her hands.

In the quickest of cutaways, we catch a glimpse of a masked Hwang Min-hyun (Alchemy of Souls), who plays the mysterious composer and music producer Kim Do-ha. We then hear a man off-screen, asking Sol-hee if she can really tell when someone’s lying or not. The teaser then closes with her matter-of-fact confirmation.

Hopefully we’ll be seeing more of Hwang Min-hyun soon – in addition to his co-stars Yoon Ji-on (Tomorrow), Seo Ji-hoon (Revenge of Others), and Lee Si-woo (The Fabulous).

Directed by PD Nam Sung-woo (Love in Contract, My Roommate is a Gumiho) with scripts penned by Seo Jung-eun (Let Me Be Your Knight), tvN’s My Lovely Liar premieres on July 24, following Delightfully Deceitful in the Monday-Tuesday slot.

Via Newsen

Tags: , ,

Kim So-hyun! The teaser doesn't give us much yet, but at least it still looks like a comedy. What's the point of getting paid in gold bars?

I recognize that restaurant from Love in Contract.

I like Kim Sohyun’s presence and acting so much. She and Jang Donghyoon gave me so much pleasure in the Tale of Nokdu. I hope they will reunite again soon.
However, given how 8/10 KD fall apart midway, try not to expect so much from this new one.

Liar Alarm?

Anyway, count me in. I'll at least start anything with KSH, and I'll even finish anything that doesn't involve a mask and a water shortage.

Absolutely. Anything with Kim so-hyun I would watch immediately. Mostly her choice of dramas have been satisfying.

Seeing a guy in a mask doesn't really signal anything to me anymore - except maybe that he's conscious about COVID (still out there, folks!).

Anyways, this looks fun! I've wanted Kim So-hyun to star in a proper romcom for a while now and I'm finally getting my wish. Idk if this'll be a popular opinion or not, but I love her bangs; it suits her face really well.

I'm not sure if Let's Fight Ghost and Tale of Nokdu count as romcom but yes me too. Have been wanting to see her in an actual romcom for a long time. I'm vary of the potential serial killer plotline but everything else sounds like fun.

It's been on my watchlist forever because of Hwang Min Hyun - his acting over 30 episodes of AoS really improved. I imagine the OSTs will feature music from his recent solo release mini album titled. . ta-da: "Truth or Lie".

But always sad to see Seo Ji Hoon once again play SML.

and then they cut her bangs which is shouting " I have things to hide!" styling doesnt add up. plus why...are tees over jumpers back.

Doesn't her name mean Voice in Korean?
Is she then the Voice of Truth? 😁

This looks adorable, so I am here for it.

I'm looking forward to this one! It looks like fun.

I'm excited for this, but I just saw who's writing it. Let Me Be Your Knight had SUCH a disappointing ending.

I'm always in for Kim so-hyun and this teaser looks really good. Loving snarky Mok sol-hee. July is still far but I'm definitely excited for this.

Very interesting! hope it is light and fun!

And in the thriller action alternate dimension version of this story, everyone should read the webtoon "Purple Hyacinth", because you know we all like it spicy. ^^

I'm pleasantly surprised that - from these teasers - it will be more lighthearted than I expected!! Yay!!

The description had me thinking it would be more on the serious drama side.