[K-drama Treasure Hunt] Secret hideouts
Welcome to the K-drama treasure hunt, where we all go looking for K-drama treasure in the form of tiny drama details that we know and love. Sometimes these details take the shape of well-worn tropes (oppa Band-Aiding) or storytelling devices (Top Secret Deadly Allergy), but other times it’s just details we know we’ve seen in other dramas, but need help putting all the clues together.
Each week we’ll put you on the hunt for a piece of K-drama treasure, and you can report your findings in the comments.
There’s no umpire in this game, so if you find the detail we’re looking for, drop the drama title (or even better, drama title + episode number) in the comments, and we’ll all take your word for it. Or, we’ll go binge watch just to see it play out.
And remember, we’re here to map our way to the treasures not to the plot twists! We know how exciting as it can be to have all the hard-earned details stashed in your head, but let’s try to keep the spoilers out of the comments.
This week’s treasure:
Locate and list all those super-classified lairs that our characters keep hidden from the outside world. These spaces are usually hard to forget, whether they be quirky, luxurious, or just a place to do all the plotting — or even a mix of all three, like the decked-out secret space in The Great Seducer, where our leading trio plans their mischief. Since these quarters tend to recur, we’ll take the episode number where the hideout makes its first appearance.
The Great Seducer (a.k.a. Tempted) (Episode 1)
Have an idea for the next treasure hunt? Email your topic to hello @ dramabeans.com!
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Sand castle making (or breaking)
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Significant scars
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Camping couples
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Oppa Band-Aiding
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Couples kissing in cars
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Memorable creepy-crawlies
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Celebrities as themselves
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Men in headbands
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Significant objects
- [K-drama Treasure Hunt] Visiting an orphanage from childhood
Tags: Treasure Hunt