[Drama chat] A beloved classic that I will not (re)watch
Drama classics — sigh! — they are classics for a reason, whether it’s because they pioneered a new format, introduced a new trope, shot an actor to fame, or anything in between. Sometimes, going back and watching the classics of K-drama is like jumping into a time machine.
But watching — or rewatching — these older dramas is not always recommended. Sometimes, they just date themselves too fast — whether by look or feel or content. Sometimes, the actors that were riding high at the time have since fallen from human decency. And other times — where I most often find myself — I don’t want to rewatch them because they’re too precious. The experience of watching that particular drama, and the little pocket of time which it represents, is something that’s dear to me, and doesn’t need to be mussed with courtesy of my 2023 sensibilities.
What’s a classic drama that you refuse to watch and why? Or, what’s a classic drama that you refuse to rewatch and why?
Disclaimer: For the purposes of this chat, we’ll call a “classic” anything that’s 10+ years old, so dramas from 2013 and prior.
Thanks to Beanies @darwi @attiton and more for the prompt. Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] They warned me but I watched anyway
- [Drama chat] PDs you know and love
- [Drama chat] When screenwriters let you down hard
- [Drama chat] Screenwriters and their dramas
- [Drama chat] K-drama weddings
- [Drama chat] I haven’t forgiven you since…
- [Drama chat] I’ve loved you ever since…
- [Drama chat] The performance you’ll never forget
- [Drama chat] That drama thing you’ll always defend
Tags: Drama Chat