Please update bookmarks and feeds and all that good stuff. The javabeans.wordpress.com site will stay up indefinitely, but I’ll be updating here instead.
I’d been thinking of upgrading to my own host for a while now, but I’m lazy. I should’ve done it earlier — it’s a pain moving once you’re settled in. I love WordPress.com, but I’m amazed at how quickly I outgrew their services and found myself itching to play around a little more. And finally, thanks to the lovely mily2, I moved off my butt AND got the idea for the new domain name.
Why Dramabeans? Partly because I wasn’t going to spend $5,000 to buy Javabeans.com. Also because someone once misheard “javabeans” as “dramabeans,” and I thought, how appropriate.
It’s basically the same as before, but few nifty features here include:
- Much, much more web space! Now I can post files without feeling guilty for encroaching on my file limit.
- You guys can now edit your own comments! You can only edit them within 10 minutes after the initial post, but that should be enough to fix any errors, etc. If it’s not, you can always post another comment. 😀 (If you’d like a bigger window of time, let me know and I should be able to tweak it.)
- Spoiler tags! I’m not sure if I’ll be using them yet, but it’s a nifty feature.
- Ads. Yep, I’ve sold out. I’d been resistant to the idea, but I figure if I spent all this time on this blog, a few pennies never hurt. If I end up hating them, I’ll remove them.
- And lots of other little details that only matter on my end.
I’m betting there are tons of little bugs in some of the older posts, which I’ll be fixing slowly. Thanks for moving along with me!