News bites: January 14
- Park Jin Hee juggles two handsome leading men (Jo Han Seon and Lee Ki Woo) in her upcoming romantic comedy, Time of Memory and Loss. Maybe the casting can inject some humor and spark into a tired formula: an awkward old maid cannot forget an unrequited love of her past, which prevents her from moving on to her next love. The plot gets going when she’s in a car accident with said old love, and pretends to lose her memory so she can come live in his house. His friend catches on to her lie, and thus the triangle begins.
- Actor So Ji Sub explores his penchant for photography in a new camera CF, which he recently shot in Hokkaido, Japan. He explained, “It’s when others become curious about me through the photos I’ve shot, which allow me to share my feelings with the viewer, that I feel best.” Way to make narcissism sound poetic!
- Dancing and lip-synching provocateuse Lee Hyori is slated to make a cameo appearance in the upcoming SBS drama On Air, which premieres February 27 and is written by the scribe behind the Lovers series (in Paris, in Prague, and plain Lovers). She’ll play the part of a top pop singer handled by Lee Beom Soo’s manager character. Well, if you can’t act, might as well play yourself.
- Wonder Girl Ahn So Hee admits to having been a huge Rain fan prior to her debut. Why the past tense?
- …and speaking of Rain, he’s partnered with Samsung to promote their Anycall line for the next year, in promotion for the 2008 Olympics. “Particularly, these ads have stirred much interest with the announcement that Rain will sing Anycall’s Olympic theme song.” The wording confused me initially as to whether the song in question is AN Olympic song for Anycall, or if Samsung is sponsoring THE official theme song for the Beijing Olympics. Further reading shows that all signs point to the latter. Please keep the bashing to a minimum!
- Oh, and Gong Yoo began his military service today. See ya in two years!
SONG OF THE DAY
Rain – “난 또 니가 좋은거야” (I like you again) [ zShare download ]