News bites: January 7
It’s the all-ladies edition!
- Fresh-faced young actress Han Hyo Joo (love her!) has been cast as Lee Junki‘s love interest in the upcoming drama Iljimae. Looks like the Junki version just got a leg up over the Lee Seung Gi version. The drama airs in April on SBS.
- Coming off a very recent public breakup with longtime boyfriend Lee Dong Gun, actress Han Ji Hye has come out saying, “No matter how much I’m in love, if my parents oppose the match, I’d give up my love.” Is it a revealing truth, or damage control in the post-breakup scramble to look better than the ex? Either way, the girl annoys me to an irrational degree. Can’t explain it; she just always looks so smug.
- The just-premiered “season drama” (based on the U.S. multi-season model, a la Auction House) Before and After: Plastic Surgery featured a surprise cameo by actress Kim Jung Hwa — who waived her performance fee for the occasion. The first episode of the series on the 6th brought in a 8.6% rating.
- Jeon Ji Hyun and the cast of her upcoming film The Man Who Was Superman were on hand for a press conference on the 7th in Apgujung. Movie opens the 31st.
- Kim Jung Eun denies that publicity over her romance with fellow actor Lee Seo Jin is a “marketing ploy” for her newest film, The Happiest Moment In Our Lives. She says her relationship is her private life, but she’s not the type to tell interested people, “Excuse me, please don’t talk about my personal life.” But I’m sure she’s eager enough to add, don’t forget her movie opens on January 10!
SONG OF THE DAY
Brazilian Taco – “이별보다 쉬운 사랑” (a love easier than farewell) [ zShare download ]