Sohn Seok-gu, Kim Sung-kyun considering new Netflix drama with Jung Hae-in
Sohn Seok-gu, Kim Sung-kyun, Jung Hae-in
A new show is in the works for Netflix, called DP Dog’s Day, and casting offers have been made to actors Sohn Seok-gu (Be Melodramatic), Kim Sung-kyun (The Fiery Priest), as well as rookie actor Gu Kyo-hwan (Bando, Maggie). Earlier reports already have Jung Hae-in (A Piece of Your Mind) being courted for a role as well.
Adapted from a popular webtoon by the same title, the drama is set at an army base in South Korea and follows a DP (Director of Personnel) as he deals with the many problems surrounding army desertion. The writer, Kim Bo-tong, is said to have drawn from his personal experiences when he worked as a DP himself in the army.
Although a lot of desertions derive from soldiers wanting to take time off recreational reasons, the drama aims to grapple with the more troubling cases and asks tough questions like why some deserters felt they had no other choice but to go AWOL.
Directing for DP Dog’s Day will be helmed by PD Han Joon-hee (Hit and Run Squad, Coin Locker Girl) and filming is set to start this summer.
- Jung Hae-in, Chae Soo-bin in new promos for tvN’s A Piece of Your Mind
- [Movie Review] Timing, trust, and true love in Tune in for Love
- Be Melodramatic: Episode 1
- Supporting cast lined up for Korean remake of Designated Survivor
- Kim Nam-gil, Kim Sung-kyun paired up in new stills for the Fiery Priest
- Untouchable begins the war of succession between two brothers