Filming begins on SBS’s upcoming thriller Wanted
Admittedly these first stills from SBS’s upcoming thriller Wanted aren’t that thrilling, but I suppose I can wait a little while longer for the thrills kick in; with its high-concept crime-mystery plot, I anticipate that once it gets going, it won’t let up anytime soon. At least, that had better be the case, since it’s the high-stakes, high-suspense plot that has my interest for this drama, and I’d really like for it to live up to that.
Leading lady Kim Ah-joong (Punch) heads the cast, playing a top actress who’s much beloved by audiences; the character’s movies and television shows have had such success that she’s become known as a sure thing at the box office and ratings. She’s on the verge of announcing her retirement when her son is kidnapped, kicking everything into motion; the culprit issues orders for the actress to carry out on live television in order to get her son back, making for a twisted reality broadcast.
Ji Hyun-woo, pictured below, plays the hot-blooded detective who’s dogged and determined when investigating his cases. He boasts a 90 percent arrest rate, but rather than being satisfied with a pretty solid track record, he’s the type who can’t let the other 10 percent go and keeps at it. I’m used to seeing Ji Hyun-woo playing more clean-cut, smart characters (Awl, Angry Mom, Queen In-hyun’s Man) than hot-tempered or gritty ones, but he can certainly be intense and strong-willed, so I look forward to the character.
We don’t have stills yet for our third main lead, Uhm Tae-woong (Valid Love), who plays a television producer who helps the actress as she carries out the criminal’s missions, although I expect we’ll be seeing them released soon. Other cast members include Park Hyo-joo (Twenty Again), Kim Sun-young (Answer Me 1988), Lee Seung-joon (Descended From the Sun), Lee Moon-shik (Jackpot), and Shin Jae-ha (Page Turner).
The drama held its initial script reading two weeks ago and began filming recently, and will premiere on June 22 as SBS’s next Wednesday-Thursday drama, following Entertainer.
- Shin Jae-ha, Jeon Hyo-sung join SBS thriller Wanted
- Wanted secures cast in Kim Ah-joong, Uhm Tae-woong, Ji Hyun-woo
- Jin Gu and Kim Hyun-joo don’t want to be Wanted
- Uhm Tae-woong also in the mix to join SBS thriller Wanted
- Jin Gu offered lead in SBS reality-show thriller Wanted
- SBS replaces Deal with thriller Wanted, courts Kim Hyun-joo