Kang Dong-won considers movie reunion with Song Kang-ho
Movie gods please make this happen! Kang Dong-won (Violent Prosecutor) has just received the script for action thriller film Fifth Column, the same script that made such an impression on Song Kang-ho (Sado) that he signed on even before he started filming for his current project Taxi Driver. Some inside sources say Kang is reviewing it favorably, but his agency YG Entertainment hasn’t confirmed his participation in the movie.
This would be a reunion project for actors Kang Dong-won and Song Kang-ho, who worked together six years ago in another action thriller film called Secret Reunion (also known as Sworn Brothers). This movie was a hit at the Korean domestic box office, grossing second highest ticket sales for that year after The Man From Nowhere.
Fifth Column is about an army internal affairs investigator, who right before leaving his job has been put on one last case. Through his investigation, he stumbles upon a larger conspiracy that could shake the entire foundation of the military. A secret organization has infiltrated the higher levels of the army, and is poised to take over. Song Kang-ho will be playing the part of Kang Jong-duk, the army investigator, and Kang Dong-won has apparently received an offer for a part that is similarly important to the progression of the story.
Fifth Column is set to start filming in the latter half of this year.
- Song Kang-ho to appear in new conspiracy thriller Fifth Column
- Kim Woo-bin joins Lee Byung-heon, Kang Dong-won’s thriller Master
- Kang Dong-won in talks to headline fantasy movie
- Kim Yoon-seok and Kang Dong-won reunite in new film
- Hwang Jung-min and Kang Dong-won team up in revenge thriller
- Oh Snap! Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-gyo’s Parisian date
- First poster and trailer for Dugeun Dugeun My Life
- Kang Dong-won slays in Kundo
- Additional preview for Secret Reunion