Lee Seung-gi is on the chase for Vagabond in new stills
New stills have been released featuring Lee Seung-gi (Hwayugi) in SBS’s upcoming action-thriller Vagabond.
Also starring in the drama, although not featured in this set of stills, are Suzy (While You Were Sleeping) and Shin Sung-rok (Perfume).
The story is centered around Lee Seung-gi’s character, who starts off in the drama as a stuntman working towards the dream of becoming an action star like Jackie Chan some day. But his life is thrown upside down when his young nephew dies in a tragic plane crash and he is devastated to have lost his only family left in the world. Although the government reports the crash as just an accident, Lee comes across evidence that points to a terrorist attack and he sets out on a dangerous mission to uncover what really happened.
In the newly released stills, we see Lee Seung-gi involved in some kind of a chase and they show him sporting facial injuries, fighting, and riding a top a car.
The shots were taken from this past year, when the cast and production team were filming overseas in Morocco and Portugal. And, in fitting with the role, Lee Seung-gi completed almost all of the stunts himself without using a double.
Directing for the drama is credited to PD Yoo In-shik (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim), and the scripts were written by the married writing team, Jang Young-chul and Jung Kyung-soon.
SBS action drama Vagabond will be premiering in just a few weeks, on September 20.
- First script reading for SBS Vagabond with Lee Seung-gi, Suzy, Shin Sung-rok
- Vagabond releases first action-packed teaser trailer
- First look at Suzy, Lee Seung-gi’s blockbuster action thriller Vagabond
- Hwayugi (A Korean Odyssey): Episode 1
- Lee Seung-gi hits the ground running after army discharge
- Yeon Woo-jin goes up against Lee Seung-gi in Compatibility
- Classic 1N2D hijinks in New Journey to the West
- Lee Seung-gi joins the cameo parade on the Producers