Seo Ji-hoon to join L, Shin Ye-eun in KBS fantasy rom-com Welcome
Although his current drama is still in the middle of its run, Seo Ji-hoon (Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency) has been quietly lining up his next project. The actor has been cast in KBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama Welcome, joining leads L (Angel’s Last Mission: Love) and Shin Ye-eun (That Psychometric Guy).
The latest in a recent trend of webtoon adaptations, the story of Welcome is a fantasy rom-com based on a popular webtoon by the same title.
As one of the leads, L plays the role of a mysterious cat named Hong-jo who can somehow turn into a human male. And it’s in his cat form that he first meets Sol-ah, the role played by Shin Ye-eun. Her character is described as a woman with puppy-like characteristics, and her life begins to change after meeting Hong-jo and two start to fall in love.
The part that has been offered to Seo Ji-hoon is Lee Jae-seon. It is also a leading role, but the details surrounding his character and how he is connected to the story have not yet been released.
On the production team, PD Ji Byung-heon (House of Bluebird, Big) will be responsible for directing and the scripts will be written by writer Joo Hwa-mi (Introverted Boss, Marriage Not Dating).
KBS drama Welcome is currently being planned to air next year in March.
Via Sports Seoul
- L confirms role in upcoming KBS fantasy rom-com
- Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency: Episode 1
- [Actor Spotlight] L
- That Psychometric Guy: Series Review
- Shin Hye-sun, L, Lee Dong-gun and more gather for Dan, Only Love’s first script reading
- Flirting over the piano in tvN’s That Psychometric Guy
- Accepting the unexplainable in tvN’s Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter
- Lee Jung-shin competes with himself and changes the past in Longing Heart