Lee Young-ae to return to dramaland in remake of BBC’s Killing Eve
In a drama comeback after 4 years, actor Lee Young-ae (Saimdang, Light’s Diary) has confirmed casting in an action-packed black comedy called Wonderful Gu Kyung-yi.
Adapted from BBC’s acclaimed Killing Eve, Lee Young-ae takes on the titular character of Gu Kyung-yi. Formerly a police officer, she became a social hermit after her husband died and now works as an insurance investigator. She has a tendency to be suspicious of others, but has a knack for sniffing out the culprit and always wears a signature long coat. Once a case is closed though, she’s quick to return home and celebrate alone with a glass of whisky.
The actress who’ll take on the role of rival and main villain has not yet been announced. The character is described as a college student with a hip and colorful personality, but a dark soul. Her colorfulness hides the fact that she’s responsible for a series of murders.
The drama is currently in the planning stages and will be produced by Keyeast. Directing will be helmed by PD Lee Jung-heum (Nobody Knows, Falsify), and scripts will be penned by a team of rookie writers from the Korea National University of Arts.
- Lee Young-ae as graceful international spy in Different Dream
- Saimdang, Light’s Diary: Series Review
- Kim Myung-min fights corruption in crime movie Proof of Innocence
- Kam Woo-sung courted to be Lee Young-ae’s leading man
- Movie Review: One Fine Spring Day (2000)
- Movie Review: Joint Security Area (2000)
Tags: Lee Young-ae