Glad to see that the actors aren’t the only ones reaping the praise for one of the biggest dramas of the year, and the biggest romantic comedy overall. Which is only apt, since a tremendous amount of its success is owed to its behind-the-scenes magicians, who are if not MORE important than the stars, then surely just as.
To that end, Coffee Prince director and producer Lee Yoon Jung was selected as one of two award winners by the Yoido Club of broadcasters (made up of the main players in the broadcast industry), which is headed by KBS vice president Lee Won Gun. The other winner is Jang Young Chul, writer of the large-scale KBS historical drama Dae Jo Young.
The award ceremony takes place on the 11th (in Yoido’s 63 Building, which should ring a bell for some drama-lovers as a common Seoul setting). The jury committee explained their reason for selecting PD Lee: “She has explored new ground in making a miniseries with her fresh sensibilities and directing technique.”
SONG OF THE DAY
The Melody – “Crazy” [ zShare download ]
- Taiwan readies for the Coffee Prince craze
- Birth of a franchise: Coffee Prince cafe opens
- Coffee Prince behind-the-scenes special
- Shameless Prince eye candy
- Second interview: Writer of Coffee Prince
- Gong Yoo’s Han Gyul exactly as writer pictured
- Coffee Prince Store #1: First Cup