Here we get our first look at a Playful Kiss family portrait, which depicts the parents and younger brother of Kim Hyun-joong‘s lead character.
By all reports (I haven’t seen the original series myself) the family has a fair amount of screentime, in particular the mother character, played here by the wonderful Jung Hye-young. She’ll act the matchmaker for her son and Jung So-min‘s character, who comes to live with their family temporarily when her house is wrecked, since their fathers are friends.
I just hope the family parts won’t get too jokesy, because the over-the-top family members were a source of much awkwardness in Boys Before Flowers. (Again I repeat to myself: Have faith in director Hwang!)
Playful Kiss will air on September 1.
- First teaser clip for Playful Kiss
- Posters are out for Playful Kiss
- Playful Kiss casts newbie Yoon Seung-ah as best friend
- Indie band Bye Bye Sea in Playful Kiss
- Lee Tae-sung and the boys in Playful Kiss
- Kim Hyun-joong’s Playful (almost) Kiss