More from Yoo Ah-in’s Esquire shoot

If yesterday’s Yoo Ah-in post taught us anything, it’s that we cannot be trusted to formulate coherent thoughts or carry on lucid discussion when in the presence of adorable new Yoo Ah-in photo shoots. Which I suspect bothers nobody, myself included.

On the other hand, can we all handle TWO such instances, back-to-back like this? I dunno, he’s mighty cute…

These newly released images are from Yoo Ah-in’s recent trip to Thailand, and show a more playful side to his personality than we saw in his intense, tough-guy persona in Sungkyunkwan Scandal. THAT guy was the one who made your heart do little flippity-flips in your chest as he gruffly tried to keep his feelings hidden under a stern shell, while THIS guy is the one you’d just squeal to have call you “noona.”

These photos will be published in his December Esquire spread. I never buy fashion mags just because an actor is in it, but for once I’m mighty tempted…

(It just occurred to me that he looks like he’s standing amongst a bunch of green onions — you know, those long green stalks of 파 — which would make him ever so wee, and therefore portable, like you could tuck him in your pocket and carry him around with you…)

Via Joy News, how appropriate

Tags: ,

awww! he's adorable!

... why are there so many hot guys in Korea nowadays???? (not complaining though)!!!

because there are always so many hot guys in korea. ^^

^________________________________________^
am imagining first photo expression in second photo <3

lol, I've been to Korea, and there aren't exactly A LOT of hot guys. It's pretty much the same in every country, there are some hot guys, but not EVERYONE'S super hot. But almost everyone in Seoul is pretty stylish! It's much more laid back in the south like in Busan. :P

ikr? there was like 1 hot guy i saw while i was in korea, but then when you are watching dramas/movies or listening to kpop, its like, wow, korea must be overflowing with cuties!!!

that's the power of multimedia for you :-) we are led to believe all hot guys can only come from south korea, hahahahaha! ive been there and sure there were loads of 'em but that's not saying other places don't have their own arsenal of squeal-worthy men. they just dont sell 'em as well and swell as they do in SK. :-)

what i noticed in SK pop culture is that men/boys are packaged as beautifully as the girls, stylish, too...in other cultures men are raw, rough and not as self-conscious. but what sets them apart are the stories in the films, tv series that provide a sure-fire vehicle to launch them to swoon-kingdom. it's all about the stories that grip our imaginations and make us drool for this boy-masquerading-as-a-gruff-hunk of a man.

blame them on the writers/producers/directors/image-makers, i would say...we are taking the bait hook, line and sinker ;-)

Yes, samgetang, you are right as usual... :)

I especially agree with :

"what sets them apart are the stories in the films, tv series that provide a sure-fire vehicle to launch them to swoon-kingdom. it’s all about the stories that grip our imaginations and make us drool for this boy-masquerading-as-a-gruff-hunk of a man."

hehe..."boy-masquerading-as-a-gruff-hunk of a man"...
SO PERFECT for our one and only Moony hunk... :)

Sorry for my late logging on because of what we all call 'life's demands"... :)

I've read most of the posts in this blog and what can I say except...

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Hehe...

I can't believe how swiftly people responded to this blog - last I checked, there are already almost 130 comments!!!

Whoa!!! Shock and awe!!! Hehehe...

welcome fellow .............. ;-) PING !

hi koreandramalover, we missed yah! so glad to see you're now here to share moony-loony fun :-)

everyone's been waiting for ya! :)

Thank you dear Sumee, samgetang and izzie, for the warm welcome!!!

I am SOOOO HAAPPPY to be baaaacccckk!!! :)

I live outside of Korea but there are many Asians around here. If I spot a hot Asian guy, 90% of them were speaking Korean. :/ But for me, it's not entirely about looks, it's about the aura. It might sound weird, but I particularly like the aura of Korean actors and celebrities. And I sometimes laugh at plastic surgery comments, because like I've said, I cannot ever become like Kim tae hee with surgical enhancement even if it sounds a little harsh on myself. Surgery only can make you look like Shin bong seon and Boom most of the time, or I may become like Angela baby with massive surgery, but not Kim tae hee or Song hye gyo. I'm not trying to offend anybody here, but I'm doing a reality check..

FEELLLL YOOOUUUU! ^________________^

I don't understand why these are many many MANNNYYY hot Korean guys, oh why????!!!!!

Lolz, I REALLY LOVE THIS GUY, ofc! Heh!

This place where I work is very cosmopolitan, we have all sorts, from European to Eastern European to American, Asians from Japan, China, Korea, etc. And I have been seeing hot korean guys every now & then that I suspect this is the single largest concentration of hot pool of korean guys (outside Korea?). Dang, must keep this under wrap...

Er.. momosa ,, Where do you work again, I have this HUGE box of Godiva chocolate I wanted to send you, but I don't have your work address, so so sad. Get my drift? ;)

Ermmm what she said, only I don't have chocolate I have shoes to send you... designer shoes but no address, what a pity. You really shouldn't let these shoes go to waste.

plastic surgery. and plus, it's only the "hot" ones that you see on television and entertainment. there are a lot of average looking people when you walk around seoul.
But I must say, the ones that I see on K dramas are quite good stunning. I used to think Korean men were unattractive, but I've changed my mind.

My friends & I were luckier...cuz we stayed in a GuestHouse that was like 2 corners from Hongdae...and boy, did we see so many HOT young Korean males!!!!
It's a cool Bohemian place near Hongik University & I'm not bragging when I say there was at least 1 or 2 Hotties in every nook & cranny of that district!!! Of course, there were chic, fashionable girls, as well...almost all wearing 5 inch heels & carrying designer bags!!!
That's why I so love M3...cuz it's mostly shot in Hongdae...reminds me of those beautiful memories of just hanging out there!!!

can't get a break.. I think all of YAI's fans will soon die of heart attack..

Hmm. That gives me Ideas.

hahaha:) I think I can see the wheels turning in your brain, javabeans, and I'll steel myself before I read your next Yoo Ah-in post.

hey don't try to kill us off so you get him for yourself!

I want to admire oppa some more before my heart attack.

I thought they were green onions too! haha

I would love a pocket sized yoo ah in, though I would prefer a regular sized one.

yes. please.

Well, I thought so,too, that those leaves are like giant green onion leaves but it dawned upon me that those leaves are actually young coconut leaves! I've seen those back home and these young leaves are used to make lovely little baskets and bags,too! YAI is Cuteness overload!

I don't think it's a young coconut leaves. Are you're sure? Because, if the leaves is so long (it's more than 2 metres long), how tall is the tree? Maybe they invented the mini YAI. kekeke... It must be sold out immediately.

LOL, thanks to you, i nearly snorted ot chocolate thru my nose

I'm pretty sure that stuff is lemon grass

im sure its not lemon grass....its too long (i know it because i usually used lemongrass for cooking)
its kind of leaf that used in woven handcraft i supposed..

I know, I've used lemon grass in my own cooking and I've grown up with my mom cooking it and my dad growing it. It seems that it could be a different variety that grows to be very long. Just looking at the bottom portion of those stalks it definitely looks like lemon grass.

So did I, I thought my perception was off, either that or they have huge green onions in thailand. Lol at him trying to blend in, imagine what that sale went like... Uhm gimme that one! This one? No no no, that one! the onion wearing a hat. Ooooo this one! Now do I get it cheaper since it's clothed? LOL

new pics of him everyday, i can live with that... More than willing to

Yes please!! He's too adorable for words. Add actual, real talent that I think will only improve with time and I am a Yoo Ah In fan for life!

and that includes me ^^

I really cannot wait for his next project. After reading all the recent interviews and seeing the photo shoots I'm super excited. It's all the perfect pick me up!

I want a portable pocket Yoo ah in!! where can I get one?kekeke

I also thought they were green onions. LOL.

I. Die.

Cuteness overload!!!!!!!!!!

Ah In is so cute!!!

haha!!! so cute!!!
portable YAI?! awesome!!!

This shoot over the previous one, so hot!

thanks JB for the upper. it's am here in manila...

he's so adorable. why are they all so young?! :d

ahhh...another photo shoot! He's like 6 feet right? Taller than Micky? too hot for words.

love love love both pics...the second one looks like he's a lost child

You mean those AREN'T green onions? Awww, I was hoping for portable poetry-spouting YAI. <3

This lil bastard is ruining lives all over the world! And I absolutely LOVE IT!

yeah, no kidding....

I thought this was shot in thailand?
Gosh he must be sweating under those winter clothes..

Precisely this is what I thought. I hope he got enough hydration.

Where would you be able to buy Esquire in the US?

I mean...Where can I*

I live in california and should be able to find it in korean town or something.....ohh, i think I saw japanese bookstores sell korean magazines too...

YAI bares some resemblance to Chung Myung Jung in the second pic.

...well i DEFINITELY want one... gaaah @[email protected]

Oooh... and he's wearing knee high socks! We have something in common! He's so adorable!

i love him.....so adorable

Oh lordy - all I could think when I saw the second shot was "wow he sure is reed thin." Yep, I've been reduced to bad puns. But wait, if its literal is it still a pun?

HAHAHAHAHAHA, the second pic is DAEBAK.. his moronic face really brought the giggles... I love dorky Yoo Ah In..

Heh.

I searched all over Koreatown with a shopping buddy (cough*hjkomo*cough) looking for a particular fashion magazine. Because of an actor. Didn't find the one we were looking for...but still came home with treasures. :-D

Back on topic...that first pic is To. Die. For.

calling the crazy moony loony fans out there....more YAI photos to die for!!!!

javabeans, you are so mean! ;-) how could you do this to us grown females and all, huhuhu! :-) do u plan of doing this on a daily basis? small daily shots n doses of YAI pics to cure (or prolong) all our SKKS addiction?

noona, indeed! hahaha! wouldn't mind a pocket-sized portable Moon Jae Shin to remind me he's just a kid...hehe ;-)

thanks so much, javabeans! :-)

Dear javabeans,

Although you're bringing us utter joy us by presenting these photos of the Moon Man/Boy, I am getting the weird suspicion that you're trying to eliminate competition by disabling everyone with massive and frequent doses of our favorite drug. If it were true, it is highly effective.

If comments to future Yoo Ah In features drastically dwindle, it would be because by that time, the most addicted among us had totally lost faculties to even perform simple psycho-motor coordination and suffer from decline of basic sensory-perceptual competencies.

I'm deciding on self-regulation to Moon exposure by now, lest I join the legion of falling dominoes. At the very least, my rhythm of inhale-and-exhale has been frequently disrupted. And what of my heartbeat? My knees? My eyes! My sanity!!!

It may be that he was sweating underneath that pile of fabric, but me ogling at his photos is making me sweat corn bits! :(

Prolonged exposure to Moonshine can be bad for one's health. More so that the victim, albeit knowing all these, remain smiling. You don't just get physical deterioration, the Moon's effect goes cranial: you see, I'm already developing dread from slicing onions for fear that I might have left my pocket-sized Moony amidst the bundle of greens. I had to check in between the stalks! :(

Look at what you've done to me! Am I glad that you're not a nurse! You don't know "overdose," woman! :P

P.S.

Thanks so much for the photos. LOVED THEM!!! :)

izzie, you're at it, again! you are unstoppable and so laughable hahahaha! i had the fits and was all over the floor trying to keep my sanity in check...

definitely, i love YAI's effect on you, hahaha! it brings out those funny words outtaya your mouth...errr fingers :-)

yes, i second the motion...javabeans doesn't know what she's doing to us!

wait til sumee and koreandramalovers gets a-hold of this...

I'M BAAACCCKKK!!! :)

Hehehaha...I second everything you said about izzie being unstoppable and so laughable...
and about the laughing fits that made me roll all over the floor, and making my jaws and gums hurt so bad...barely keeping my sanity in check here... :)

See, izzie, what the MJS/YAI effect on you has done to you and us...hehe... :)

But, LOVE U all the same... hehe... :)

...

And I DEFINITELY think that Javabeans deliberately put up TWO posts on the Moony...specifically to TORTURE us with the beauty that is our one and only Moony... :)

Arrgghhhh!!!

ahaha! samgetang, you were right about koreandramalover and sumee! they definitely feel the effects of the overload as well!

@koreandramalover: hehehe... torture indeed! :) but we want more, don't we? :) (ya know ya do!)

Yeah, I do. Yeah, I doooo. Yeah, I dooooo...
want a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot, lot, moooooorrre... :)

Ooooohhhh...now I know how it feels like when something hurts sooooo baaaddd, its sooooo gooooooddd.... hehe... :)

koreandramalover, we felt a bit lonely and sad without you here :-)

what do you call people who love being tortured? moony-loonies, what else!!!!hahaha!!!!

It felt like singing in a choir that's missing a voice. :) we couldn't sing the Moony tunes right until the gokusen came along. :)

Oh, samgetang and izzie....I am sooooo touched... :)

I feel the same way about the both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrolling through this whole post by Javabeans and other posts by the other recappers to search for both of your comments has become a habit of mine...

and if I don't find your comments,

I wait and log on, wait and log on, wait and log on,

till THANK GOD,

both of you grace this blog with your presence and

spread the JOY and WONDER of your BRILLIANT MINDS,

HEARTS OF GOLD and IMMACULATE WACKINESS

for all to savour and remember for all time...

Hehe :)

Come on, my dear Moony-loonies sisters, let's sing in tune :

We feel good, tadadadadadada.......
We feeeel good, tadadadadadada!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe :)

you're spot on, izzie, hahaha! gokusen/koreandramalover is making our symphony a bit tad out of tune ;-) when she's not around...

now let's sing: "we feel gooooood!tadadada...so good, so good! "

Ooooohhhh...*bows* thank so ever so much izzie and samgetang...I humbly bow to your kindness... :)

The Moony-Loonies' Noona Choir's maiden performance :

We feel good!! tadadadadadada!!!!
We feeeeel good!!! tadadadadadada!!!
So good!! So good!!

Yay, yay!!!

Watch out world!!!

The Moony-Loonies are running rampant!!!

Cross our path at your own peril!!!

And we KNOW what HURT FEELS like.............

So, don't even THINK about STOPPING us............

cos we HURT sooooooooooooo BAAAAAAADDDD...........

we feel goooooooooooooooodddd..................

We feel good, tadadadadada.........

We feeel good, tadadadadada!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe :)

wow Izzie I really enjoy reading ur posts~they are so funny. Yes call me stalker bcoz i actually hunt down ur old comments and follow ur conversations with Samgetang,Sumee, and Koreandramalover, hehe. My bias is not YAI but i do love this boy~no man, i mean since i am still younger than him ^.^ Thx for giving us silent readers a laugh that i hardly found on the sites. I am looking to see u and other girls on the next YAI news. xD

i do love this boy~no man, i mean since i am still younger than him

Mweeeeeeeahhhhhh. Jealous. Sniff. Sniff.

YAI of the first pic = safe for me to dig
YAI of the second pic = not safe
Anything pre-SKKS/Guhro = definitely not safe

Mwwwaahhhh.

LOL! :-)

anais, since there is no way possible that we can in any way be remotely related to YAI other than as noona, hahaha, (God forbid if ahjumma! haha!) so it's okay to let your hair down and squeal to your hearts' delight (alone in yr own room, as koreandramalover so wisely recommended)...we might not be able to meet another YAI in the future with that strange mix of mystery, innocence, passion and what-have-yah!

javabeans, how about micky yoochun and soong jongki, dont they have any photo shoots you want to feature here? might help to distract us from laser-focusing on just Yoo Ah In alone :-) spread some love :-) if u know what i mean, hahaha!

It's really not that. I absolutely realize that aesthetically Yoo Ah In is squee-worthy. but other than as Guhro, images of my teenage students being teenagers just take over. And I find myself thinking, oy, headache, kids. Kids who are so young and blessed/cursed with the blissful ignorance of youth, who make me by turns laugh with them and want to wring their necks.

Total killjoy.

The only one young un who doesn't have that effect is Lee Minho, primarily because he looks older than his age.

Thanks, though, very sweet of you.

Oh! Yes, kids can be a delightful nuisance sometimes but adorable nonetheless :-)

Sounds like you really enjoy being a teacher :-) and is responsible enough to rein in your fascination for YAI so as not to cloud your judgement with the kids. That's admirable!

Lee Min Ho sure looks older than his age maybe because of his general demeanor,his height/built and how he carries himself but mentally I'd guess that Yoo Ah In may be the more mature. Just a guess! ;-) I ve not read an interview yet of LMH so I would not know for sure...

I'm not sure if there's any conscious, admirable reining in on my part. It just is. Although he's in the process of physically emerging out of teenhood into adulthood, he still looks too much like my kids. Just nothing there.

Lee Minho - you're absolutely right. Totally his height, build, and reserved demeanor. YAI has a bit more youthful exuberance, insouciance, and slightness of build. (I think Song Joongki actually has broader shoulders/frame than YAI does.)

As for maturity, YAI obviously approaches life with a seriousness that I can only describe as a deep commitment to life. But even his wrestling with existential questions, though it shows a particular kind of intellectual maturity, also gives away that he's very young, absolutely imbued with idealistic fervor of youth, which is good and admirable. When my friends and I were in college, we claimed so fervently that we forever wanted to remain idealistic, angry (in a productive way) young women who questioned and challenged life and society. As we ought to have, but one thing I appreciate about having left behind my 20s is the ability to see and live life without zealous urgency, in other words to be able to be idealistic without all that furiousness.

That said, I really am impressed by so many of the 86-87ers, their thoughtfulness, maturity, professionalism, etc. It's inspirational, frankly.

Your comment, anais, about YAI's intellectual maturity based on his existential questions indicating a youthful perspective might be spot on. I notice that as someone grows older the fervor dies down. But it might also show a hunger for truth and deeper questions in life that he is dealing with and age may not be the reason. Anyways, it is rare for somebody so young and in the field he is in to espouse such lofty/deep thoughts. You are right, it shows his deeper commitment to life. I hope that he will find the answers to those questions from sources that would truly lead him to the right path.

Im curious...if you dont mind, what age group of kids do you teach? Is it college level? And which country is this? Thank you for yr reply to this...

"we might not be able to meet another YAI in the future with that strange mix of mystery, innocence, passion and what-have-yah!"

Yeah!!! How right you are!!! I believe there is no second YAI...

unless...

we...

CLONE him!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! :)

Wow, anais and samgetang!!! :)

Thank you so much, gals, for your insightful comments on YAI having a keen intellect mixed with youthful exuberance, idealism and commitment to striving to become a better human being...

I have so much fun reading your posts...do continue with such cerebral discussions...2 brilliant minds producing brilliant insights... :)

How blessed I am to know both of you here... :)

...

And I agree that YAI is far more mature than Lee Min Ho especially because I have read interviews conducted with LMH and his answers were no way near as in-depth, intelligent or thought-provoking as YAI's were...

But then LMH is a few years younger than YAI...so maybe in a few years, who knows if LMH will catch up on the intellectual front? :)

eureka!!!!

koreandramalover, you are a genius, that's what you are!!!! cos that's what we should do: clone him, clone him, clone HIM!!! hahaha! (do i sound delirious? hehehe!!!)

Yes, you do, samgetang!!!

But deliriously HAPPY, right?????? :)

I'm actually a tutor. I say teacher as a shorthand. Most of my students are junior high and high school. In the US. As for my knowledge of Korean history, I was in an East Asian PhD program but left. It would be great to go back to academia at some point to do some teaching (hopefully more grad rather than undergraduate) and research.

Oh, anais!!! No wonder your posts contained so much information - you were in academia...hmmm....sooo intriguing....

I hope you will achieve your goal to be in academia again... :)

Rock on, anais, the wacky academic!!! :)

Hehe, anais!!! You are toooo funny!!! :)

Btw, glad to get to know another teacher... :)

I am a high-school teacher from Singapore. :)

Glad to make your acquaintance here... :)

teachers ROCK!!! we love them to the highest degree!!! :-)

Glad to make your acquaintance here…

Likewise.

One of my mentors was Malaysian, from Singapore. To die for gorgeous, which proved quite motivational, and I did very well. Can I say I love the Singaporean accent.

teachers...tutors...they are one and the same...they all inspire not just instruct...so cool to meet two spunky, wacky teachers here in db ;-) in the person of koreandramalover and anais! yey!

and, me too, i do love the singaporean accent, too. 'la! ;-)

Oh, AWESOME!!!!

So wonderful to read about your attraction to the Singaporean accent but frankly as a born and bread Singaporean myself, I am NOT enamoured of it...hehe... :)

What I loooove is the accents of other countries' residents such as my colleagues from the Philippines, France and Italy...

they sound just sooooo sexy when speaking in English... :)

Wacky teachers galore!!!!!! Yahoooo!!! :)

i wonder what it is like sitting in your class. :)

Hmmmm....well, maybe if if I share with you some of the nicknames my pupils have used for me, you might have an idea :)

"mad"

"loony"

"crazy"

"weirdo"

"tigress"/"lioness"
(those for my temper..which is legendary..hehe)

Hehe... :)

uh, okay! it's basically, "remember to bring Moony with you the next time you step in KDL's class." :)

LOL! when I was a kid, I used to dream of being a teacher. but as I grew up, I realized what a bratty student I was. I didn't want what went around to come around. :D

kudos to your patience and dedication. :) it's not easy to deal with kids these days.

Hehe...YES!!! Once we got a cloned MJS, I will have him stationed in my classroom permanently, so I can go all moooony whenever my pupils make me feel like pulling my hair out...hehe :)

Oh, you used to dream of being a teacher? :)
But, I'm sure you are not a bratty pupil - just incredibly bright and curious and so easily bored...
the classroom can be a place where we can go bonkers with boredom...
except....
if we have a cloned MJS.........

Oooohhhhh...a noona can dream... :)

...

As for "my patience" when dealing with kids...

truth be told, its not because I'm patient that I am into my 8th year as a teacher, but simply because I've invested so much time, money and energy in teacher-training that I have to no choice but to struggle through however tough it is...hehe :)

But I am so thankful to God for those pupils who are such a joy to teach, that I feel so heartened to be in a line of work where I am allowed to be in the midst of such wonderful young individuals... :)
such kids are the reason I feel I have done something right... hehe :)

"YAI of the first pic = safe for me to dig
YAI of the second pic = not safe
Anything pre-SKKS/Guhro = definitely not safe"

I've spent a good while looking at his photos and reassuring myself that "This guy is already 25. He may look like 15, but he's 25. Ain't no much sin in admiring him, izzie! He's 25!"

(gasps) but he still looks like a teenage boy with a mustache, no? :(

- the frustrated one

Yes, yes!!! He DOES look like a teenager...and yet he is already 25!!!

- the exasperated one :)

izzie, koreandramalover!!! hahaha!

frustrating and exasperating, that's what age differences can do :-)

told anais he might have an older brother...what do you think??? :-)

Can't keep my hopes up on that. What if it's a William-Harry situation? (my votes are for harry btw)

Oooooohhhh...
shall weeeee....
raid YAI's home to grab his older brother??????????

...

...

OR

...

we grab...............
BOTH YAI AND HIS OLDER BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thennnn.......
weeeee................

...

...

...

...

LOCK THEM UP IN THE BASEMENT!!!!!!!! :)

lock them in the basement and tie them back to back in a chair....oh no! the directions where this vision is going...hahaha! :-)

@samgetang......YAI's the only son with two older sister.....

rats! now we're left with CLONING! :P

OyyO....that's sad news...huhuhu! :-) now we're back to cloning as kdl and izzie suggested :-) sumee, any other alternative??? :-)

Yes, you do!!!! Deliriously happy, that is, right????? :)

hi mil....welcome to the club! :-)

we are all sort-of virtual stalkers here, living double lives (sometimes, multiple lives hehe) doing our own thing in our real worlds and finding huge fun (guilty pleasure) with like-minded crazy kdramalovers...we hope we are building lives by sharing such joys together in a harmless way. all these crazy talk are just talk and we hope we are better persons for it, enriching our own lives and not diminishing from them. alongside with the fun we also enjoy the intelligent and wise discussions, the meditations and airing our questions in a safe environment. we hope to learn from all the lovely people who adorn this site.

yes, thanks to dramabeans, ive found cool friends to enjoy the kdrama journey together....

so, enjoy yr time here! love to have you with us :-)

im a freelance clothing designer by the way and so most of the time i'm online while i do my design and research work :-) that is also why i stalk kdrama for the fashion as well as for stories ;-)

i love to read books when im not online ;-) and volunteer with the kids on weekends...i enjoy travel as well and amateur photography, having a chat with friends...and i enjoy being samgetang when im here at dramabeans; being friends with koreandramalover, sumee, izzie and a host of others...whom i hope to meet in person someday ;-) and share how much fun we've had here and hope to continue to have in the future. :-)

SKKS is memorable for me because it led me not only to this site and to the amazing javabeans and girlfriday and the rest of their team :-) but also to all the coolest commenters on kdramaland, if not planet earth haha!

so coolio!!!

What do you think of the look styled for Mary Stayed Out? Curious to hear the take of someone in the industry.

Im not so into MSOAN although Im trying to watch it now. I hope the flow of the story gets better. The style? Fashion-wise I love how they don the bohemian-indie rocker look on JGS. He is too beautiful though for the look to get the edge it needed compared to lets say somebody with a more manly look. All those hair!!!! On JGS and MGY!!! I dont know why MGY had to have all that hair. She looks adorable but I was thinking what if she carried a more tame look... even a pixie hair-do? Would it be a more matching look that will foil the already long hairstyle on JGS? Just a personal experiment. Her clothes though are cute and matches the crazy lifestyle of her Mary role. :-)

Thanks, anais, for asking that question...made me think more about it :-)

I absolutely was ready to give up on MSOAN after the episode 1 but stuck with it because I am just so impressed with JGS. The story gets absolutely better, fortunately. Just wait til you get to the end of Ep 3. Squee time.

MSOAN's styling both visually and sound-wise, I just have to let it go. Some commenter elsewhere had observed aptly that s/he'd never heard so many power chords in supposed indie songs. I don't know whether the aesthetic missteps are production's or if they indeed aren't missteps but rather genuinely reflective of the scene in Hongdae. I'm inclined to believe the former, but I'm not in Korea so can only admit to having a skewed understanding.

I saw episode 3 of MSOAN already and yes, I would have to agree, the ending part was really hilarious! a classic!

I agree with you on the musical scoring -- a lot to be desired, considering that the backdrop of the drama is the indie rock scene. they could have done a lot better! so much potential, i was thinking...even though i am not musically inclined i would say many of the scenes could use more musical elaboration that could've helped create/increase the tension/drama. hope they will improve on this aspect...they should learn a lesson or two from SKKS with just the right music at the right moment, i felt that they did an amazing job on that one!

"All those hair!!!! On JGS and MGY!!! I dont know why MGY had to have all that hair."

- reminds of Glee's hairography.

I haven't seen an episode of MSOAN, although I read recaps her (seen their photos). I, also, am disturbed by the amount of hair MGY has on for the drama. Any more strands and she will have a stunning resemblance to Cousin Itt.

As for JGS (aka The Actor Whom I Formerly Pine For), I get hair insecurity whenever I see his luscious locks. I can't say any more. Thoughts of long haired guys automatically leads me back to Gur-oh.

Maybe I should start watching MSOAN.

hahaha! izzie, yes i loved JGS in YAB...his luscious locks are indeed to die for ;-) and yes, they remind me of Guh-ro no less...all good things just bring us back to YAI no less, hahahahaha! delightful! :-)

awwwwwwwwww..samgetang i am excited to know more about u ! :-)

and i, you, sumee :-) already having so much fun reading all yr posts and comments here together w/ koreandramalover, izzie, anais and everyone...

same here samgetang I am having a blast ..sharing my thoughts with the all of you ;-)

Oh, samgetang, so wonderful to know more about you!!! :)

So you are freelance clothing designer? Wow, so much fund to be your own boss, isn't it? How's business? :)

I too LOVE reading and watching Kdramas...we have so much in common!!! :)

And I second all your comments about Dramabeans being the place where I get to know such terrifically wacky folks such as yourself, izzie, sumee, anais and others...

and have a whale of a time feeding our Moony addiction... :)

the best thing about being your own boss and being in the fashion biz is you get to swoon over YAI's photos whenever you feel like it :-) and pass it off as research and development :-)

but who am i kidding? :-)

hahaha!

im sure we have more in common than just reading and kdrama....excited to know more about you and all the other gals here as well...

for instance, sumee is a stylist, my kind of gal :-) , anais is also a teacher just like you (must be a history teacher cos im just so amazed by her overflowing knowledge on the subject...am i right, anais?) and izzie....hey izzie...let me guess, are you a copywriter maybe or somebody in communications or advertising perhaps? just a wild guess! you are so creative with words that it would all be a waste if you've been doing another thing? unless that other thing is also something that you are brilliant in, like maybe photography (cos u seem to be so visually expressive with yr words...)

I agree with you samgetang!!!

Soooo much freedom to moon over the Moony to your heart's content as your own boss!!!!! hehe... :)

And I agree with you about izzie being gifted linguistically and visually...and she should be in the creative arts scene cos it would TRAGIC to waste such talents in any other sector.. hehe... :)

About you say you look like Ugly Betty...well...I resemble Miss Piggy...so you are not alone in thinking the mind pictures izzie thought of for us is waaaayyy off...except for the ASS-KICKING part....hehe...THAT I dig...hehe :)

hehe. I have mind pictures of you, since we have no avatars here: samgetang: Ha Ji Won (Full House); koreamdramalover: Nakama Yukie (Gokusen); sumee: Han Chae Young. i'm yet to come up with one for anais... :)

Hehe...izzie, thanks so much for making me laugh... :)

you are so astute...I am of mixed parentage - Chinese mother and Indonesian father...so choosing a Japanese actress is quite interesting... :)

I found Nakama Yukie's photo in Mysoju...
oooohhhh she is so beautiful...
I am definitely not in her league...
even though we are both fair-skinned,
with wide-set eyes...
but Yukie is such a beauty, while I am not...
but thanks for the kind thought, izzie... :)

...

you found mind pictures for 4 of the commentors...but what about one for you?

hmmm....would you mind if I try?

The characters that come to my mind are either :
Sohn Ye Jin (Personal Taste/White Night) or
Eugene (Baker King) or
Lee Chae Young (The Fugitive).

Hehe... :)

Ooopss sorry!!! It is not Lee Chae Young (The Fugitive).

I was thinking of Lee Na Young (The Fugitive). :)

@koreandramalover: forgive for thinking about an ass-kicking teacher when I chat with you. I can't help it. :)

haha! I can't imagine remotely resembling any of the actresses you mentioned. (thinks) maybe... if they don't get a year's bath. :P

YOUR POST :

@koreandramalover: forgive for thinking about an ass-kicking teacher when I chat with you. I can’t help it.

haha! I can’t imagine remotely resembling any of the actresses you mentioned. (thinks) maybe… if they don’t get a year’s bath.

MY REPLY :

Ooooohhhh...ass-kicking teacher?
Wow!!!
So exciting that chatting here could conjure up that kind of image in your mind about me!!! :)

I LOOOOOOVE IT!!!! :)

because...
ASS-KICKING SUPER CAREER WOMAN
is the image in MY mind when I chat with YOU...
the kind who could multi-task faultlessly...
the one who could be at once
sultry and sweet,
warm and cool,
laid-back and intense,
sane and insane -
all in equal measure... hehe... :)

forgive ME :)

oops doopsy..i missed soooooooooooooooo much ..
[email protected] ....Han Chae Young is absolutely nothing i look like !!!!!!!!!!! but she sure is pretty :-)

i am a total Indian blood & kinda 50% Korean by heart ! I have been living on & off in Seoul from past 15 yrs !!!!!!!!!
I have absolutely no idea how beautiful you look..i lurked your post about how many authenticity incorporates the insanely funny izzie ! :-)

izzie, WOW! you are so visually gifted...thanks but im nothing close to that beauty in Full House :-) more of ugly betty hahaha!

yes, i can also imagine koreandramalover as gokusen -- kickass teacher! cool!

sumee and han chae young...she's the girl in "only you', right? so pretty...

anais? wow! another kick-ass teacher? :-)

and you, izzie, i think you are a park min young! witty writer and street-smart scholar...if you say yes to this then you are oh so close to getting our YAI's heart ;-) how about that? :-)

OMG. This post has exploded, hasn't it!

i’m yet to come up with one for anais…
I'm hard to pin down that way, ;)

ahaha! you're right, anais!
talk about things you unintentionally cause and backfire at ya. :D

"I’m hard to pin down that way"

we'll see... :) I'm sure our dear friends here will come up with one for you. :)

muchas gracias. the pleasure is mine. :)

visiting this site also gives me an overdose of happy: both from having my SKKS/YAI fix and from interacting with fellow Moony-Loons! :) it's like a freedom park.

Let's get us hair samples! Just make sure it ain't fromthe wig cuz we would come up with a toad'ly diff'rent person. :)

you're too funny!!!! Died.....

I know just the thing to bring you back... javabeans has it. maybe she'll post it tomorrow. :)

There are a few (news?) pics of Ah In watermarked "Cine21" going around. They look absolutely gorgeous too. I'm not sure if they're from a new shoot or what:

You can also find some very nice translated articles of Ah in from the fansite. ~plz help spread the virus everyone~

oops i mean new*

nevermind, I just went back and check. Ah In will be on the cover of Cine21, which comes out next Saturday. Together with the shoot there will be an interview.

KYAAAAHHHHH tooo.. cute.. for... sanity.....

i'm looking at the pictures and in my head, i'm literally going : okay, i need you to call me Noona, like now please. my kingdom for a squeee!!! :D

I love Yoo Ah In as the gruff, manly Guhro, with his tough guy expressions. But then he makes an expression like in the first picture making me go :D and squee like a teenager with no shame.

It is just me or he somehow looks trapped between the green onions?. His face just shows how uncomfortable he is! LOL

I'll only buy 'em winter clothes if it comes with YAI's mini-me! =D the bigger the better

All I can say is ...

Thank you.

JB,

If another Yoo Ah In photoshoots going to be up, the whole of Dramabeaners will run amok while screaming and pulling their hair off, and chanting Yoo Ah In all the way to the psychiatrist's office. In Thailand.

I would be the first one in queue at the airport.

I'll be the second in line...."helppppppp"....

and me third, haha! :-)

Owww so cute...but still prefer his Jae Shin persona because these pics of his gives me the nightmare of him calling me "ajumma"...lol I would prefer Noona but can't shake how young looking he is even if am just a few years older....:))

Keep the pics coming Javabeans...Ah In and Hyun Bins pics everyday is pure Vitamin A...good for the eyes...:)))

still prefer his Jae Shin persona because these pics of his gives me the nightmare of him calling me “ajumma”…lol I would prefer Noona but can’t shake how young looking he is even if am just a few years older….:))

HAH!

So adorably CUTE! I think I just went to heaven. X)

He's so uber cute. Though he must have almost gotten a heatstroke, wearing those thick clothes in Thailand!

Thank you so much Javabeans, our crack dealer! :P

OMG, two days in a roll.......man, my YAI addiction is not going to cure anytime soon. He is tooooooooooo cuteeee...

Pocket size YAI....I want one...can I order a full size as well...actually, I want one of each size!!!!! No, two of each size. I'll go get a line of credit just to buy them..... Now, I have to find out where I can get a hold of the magazine.

Thanks JB, love the pics....

loveloveloveeeee~~

"It just occurred to me that he looks like he’s standing amongst a bunch of green onions —" -- it's not just you. I'm sort of weirded out by the giant green onions.

But Yoo Ah In is just so cute!

LOL
I loved your comments... as much as I loved the photos. So yeah, I really really loved your comments ( and the photos).

omo, back to back Moony picture posts?? what are you trying to do to us JB?? .... please continue :) thx!!

i too, would like a pocket-sized Moony to carry around with me at all times.. this is, of course, in addition to the life-sized Moony that calls me noona /*swoon*

cute......

Oh, how ADORABLE!!!! ^__________^

I really admire Yoo Ah In, of course. Ah, I will be looking forward for his NEXT drama project, hopefully so!

Woooot Woooooot!

"Via Joy News, how appropriate" ...LOL! ^o^

OH GOD i was not even over from yesterday's post ........ & the first thing i see (mind it i have not even checked my FB today) ;-)
another yoo ah in post ..looking all freakishly charming ... oh you sure know how to make a normal working person go unemployed soon... !

hi sumee! ;-)

Heyi samgetang .... how are you ????????
Well I am not all that better ..... i am spazzing from the over exhaustion of drooling ..soon my laptop keys will stop working .. I look like a zombie ..because my eyes are open as wide as they can be like a stone too because I am not moving them any where other then the screen ..I that make the people around me think that I have totally lost it :-)
WOOOOOOOOOOOO

hahaha! i knew it ;-) i slept last night after having loads of fun reading all yr posts in the other YAI picture post by javabeans and thought these guys have no plans of sleeping at all ;-) hahaha!

i woke up only to almost have a heart attack when i checked in here and saw all the other posts there which i havent read yet when i signed off. you three guys are just amazing! ;-)

and more heart burn happened when i saw this new picture post by javabeans. can you believe this girl/woman/dramarecap goddess? she's one-of-a-kind for pushing all our buttons to world-destruction! hahaha!

i don't know how am i going to live/survive if she posts more photos later of YAI...or even MY and SJK ;-)

i guess, you should try to get some rest/sleep before you launch again into another comment-blasting with the other two crazies, izzie and koreandramalover...hahaha! or else your boss might smell something fishy when u next get to work...oh it's saturday tomorrow...do u have work then?

i know me & koreandramalover were like commenting on Yoo ah in's posts is what we do for a living ;-)
...i will be off from work in an hour or so ..I am waiting for the other 2 partners now as u are already here ! izzie and koreandramalover enlighten us soon with your soonworth thoughts !
@ samgetang serious how can you survive 2 days with 2 sassy looking posts of this HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT Guy !
Jb sure has left me sweating/steaming in this cold weather from seeing all this HOT HOT HOT-NESS !

it's 30 dec C here already and this YAI picture post just upped the thermometer to almost boiling point!

good thing it's cold there where you reside.... ;-) but i guess it did not matter one iota...since you're sweating cornbits anyway :-)

seriously samgetang I do not even require a heater ....roar.... ;-)
But how did YAI manage to shoot in Bangkok when all these clothes on ...
when-ever I am in Thailand i am hardly wearing any ..just the minimal bits which are mandatory to say the least ! kudos to him ..such hard Work ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

being in the fashion biz, i know its not all glamour. far from it. modelling especially for a magazine photoshoot like this requires a lot of patience and hardwork from the models. all the hours and being exposed to the elements (sun, cold, etc..) require a lot of discipline and tenacity. that's why some models have the reputation of being not so cooperative and some become bitchy, to say the least. but the true blue professional models are yet another kind altogether -- they know what is required of their job and display grace and maturity despite all the challenges. im sure YAI had his share of such in these shoots...

totally agreed samgetang I have faced models being all furious & totally Bitchy ** when they are asked to do something they don't like even though you are getting PAID ! that gets really nasty for people like me who are the stylists ..moreover yoo ah in being a star will surely have had a tantrum or 2 ..but i totally will never mind that in this case ! ;-)

sumee, you are a stylist! that's so cool! :-)

Yoo Ah In having a petty tantrum? :-) like wanting his photo taken with you instead at all costs???? how delicious is that? hahaha! :-)

@ samgetang oh now my wild thought bus has left the station !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so outta control !

hahaha, sumeee! sorry! get a hold of yourself! rein in those wild horses...step on the brakes of that speeding bus! :-)

@ samgetang i sure need to ...... i posted the same comment twice ! i just realized !

@samgetang: "that’s why some models have the reputation of being not so cooperative and some become bitchy, to say the least."

this is why i resolved not to get into fashion photography! :) I don't have much patience to deal with divas. I only do nature and macro - mother nature rarely throws a fit, and when she does you have reasons to respect her.

@sumee: "moreover yoo ah in being a star will surely have had a tantrum or 2 ..but i totally will never mind that in this case !"

hehe... the one reason I will force myself to do a fashion shoot! if he throws tantrums, I will continue shooting and make it all look artistic like a rage-themed series. :P (is there a cure for this obsession?)

izzie dear...the question is, DO you want to be cured of the obsession with the Moon? :)

Haha! Koreandramalover, ur right! I might get that cure alright, but will never ingest it! :)