It looks like we’re going to see Song Joong-ki (Tree With Deep Roots) back in dramaland sooner rather than later, and possibly with Moon Chae-won (The Princess’s Man) as his heroine. The melodrama Nice Guy is the new project from writer Lee Kyung-hee, of Will it Snow for Christmas, I’m Sorry, I Love You, A Love to Kill, and Thank You, among many others.
It seems like Song Joong-ki is a lock for the project, since he does have a longstanding relationship with the writer since Will it Snow, and has been reportedly prepping his schedule for the production. Moon Chae-won is “considering the role among others,” so we’ll see how it plays out.
The story is a straight-up melo, and it sounds like heavy stuff: the hero gets betrayed by his girlfriend, and so in order to get back at her, he uses an amnesiac woman for his revenge scheme. Well that sounds like a GREAT idea. Is there no one in his life to scream, “Mistaaaaaake”? The drama’s title in Korean is a homophone for “nice guy,” but spelled wrong on purpose, like the slangy version of the word. It’s intentional, though I don’t know if it’s actually meant to change the meaning, since this guy is not a nice guy, by any stretch of the imagination.
The production is early in the development stage, so it has yet to find a PD and a broadcaster, but plans to air sometime in August.
Via Star News
- Movie Review: Penny-Pinching Romance
- Song Joong-ki with scarecrow buddy for Vogue
- Tree With Deep Roots: Episode 1
- Park Bo-young to romance wolf boy Song Joong-ki
- Movie Review: Bow, the Ultimate Weapon
- The Princess’s Man: Series review
- Bow, the Ultimate Weapon takes first place at the box office
- Moon Chae-won interview: Becoming daddy’s girl