L scores first headlining role on the big screen
I just wish it were a more interesting-sounding movie. Infinite’s L (Kim Myung-soo) is headed to the big screen for the first time, in a starring role in the new movie Mister Shark, about a boy who befriends a shark. Yeah, I know. It makes no sense to me either. Why couldn’t they have gone with a nice dog, or some friendly dolphins? Was Free Willy just a challenge to up the stakes with more life-threatening maritime companions?
There’s not a lot of information about the project other than that basic premise, which I suppose is all you really need to know (other than the obvious question, Why would you befriend sharks?). I’m sure it’ll be a feel-good movie aimed at a younger crowd, and it is live-action because L is reportedly in training to learn how to scuba-dive for the role.
L is still one of those idol-actors who hasn’t quite managed to tap into something deeper, to make each character different from the last. He’s now got a decently long string of TV credits to his name, including Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, Master’s Sun, Sly and Single Again, She’s So Lovable, and most recently The Time I’ve Loved You, but I don’t know that he’s shown a whole lot of improvement.
In fact, I still think he was best in Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, but that may have been one of those lucky coincidences where he just fit the character. I hope for his sake that the movie is a chance to improve upon his acting, if nothing else.
Mister Shark plans to start shooting later this month, for a release in 2016.
Via Star News
- Comedy film franchise Marrying the Mafia gets drama remake
- L to romance Ha Ji-won in Time I’ve Loved You
- She’s So Lovable: Episode 1
- Infinite’s L courted to play Rain’s rival in She’s So Lovable
- Sly and Single Again: Episode 1
- Master’s Sun: Episode 1
- Shut Up: Flower Boy Band: Episode 1
- Press conference day for cast of Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
- Relationship charts and stills galore for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
- L’s character stills for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band