Park Bo-young courted for new drama from Ms. Temper PD
Yay, Park Bo-young (Oh My Ghostess) is considering a new drama! The downside (I know, how could there be a downside to that?) is that the project is in the works for early next year, which is eeeons away. The new series is on cable network JTBC, and comes from PD Lee Hyung-min of their recent weekend success Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-ki, and writer Baek Mi-kyung of the romance melodrama Beloved Eun-dong.
The drama is called Strong Woman Do Bong-soon, and there’s very little concrete story information on it, other than the fact that it includes fantasy, comedy, and action, and tells a story that represents women. Well, that’s totally vague, but I like all those things. The “strong” in the title refers to physical strength, so I wonder if Park Bo-young will be beating heads like she did as a gangster girl in Hot Blooded Youth.
She’s up for the title role, which would make her Bong-soon just after she played ghost-possessed wallflower Bong-sun in Oh My Ghostess. That’s not confusing at all. It does seem like a good project for her to choose, since the director’s last drama was a really well-received, refreshing story about a strong female character. I trust that the title won’t go to waste on a weak heroine, and I doubt Park Bo-young would sign on if that were the case. For now, she’s considering favorably. Fingers crossed that it’s also got a great story, and that they find her someone amazing to be her co-star.
Strong Woman Bong-soon is tentatively being planned for a January broadcast, in the Friday-Saturday timeslot.
- Oh My Ghostess: Episode 1
- Finger hearts and first kisses for Oh My Ghostess
- Park Bo-young gets sent to boarding school where girls go missing
- Kang Haneul, Park Bo-young in contention for first-love melo Your Wedding
- Park Bo-young wooed by Savvy producers for Oh My Ghostess
- Park Bo-young, Lee Kwang-soo, Lee Chun-hee headline Mutant
- Park Bo-young to play entertainment reporter in new film
- Park Bo-young considers horror project Girl