Jo Jung-seok and Hyeri bicker their way to love in Two Cops
A new teaser and a photo shoot have been released for MBC’s Two Cops, which finally teases a bit of the romance to come in the new body-swap fantasy drama. Jo Jung-seok (Jealousy Incarnate) stars as a righteous cop who gets possessed by the soul of a con man, and Hyeri (Entertainer) plays a prickly reporter he makes enemies with… which of course only means that they’ll bicker and fight until they fall in love.
The two actors posed for a spread in Bazaar, and the drama’s latest teaser finally shows them together onscreen. Jo Jung-seok plays a violent crimes detective who becomes obsessed with a case, during which he crosses paths with a con artist, played by Kim Sun-ho (Strongest Deliveryman), who will later come to “share” his body by possessing him. But then the serious tone of the teaser shifts when he bumps into Hyeri’s broadcast reporter character.
As he swings her smoothly out of the way of an oncoming motorcycle, she says in voiceover, “You’re not a detective—you’re a gangster!” He spits back that words don’t get through to her, and then we see her wrap her leg around him as they sleep. He catches her going undercover as a janitor and growls at her to stay out of his sight from now on. Naturally that’s the last thing she’s going to do.
This kind of gruff role is pretty familiar for Jo Jung-seok, but since he’s at the top of his class when it comes to bickering but lovable drama heroes, the hate-to-love setup might make it easier to buy into this romance. Plus, there’s all that comedy waiting to happen once he’s possessed by a con man and suddenly acting out of character. That’s what we’re really here for, right?
MBC’s Two Cops premieres in less than a week, on November 27.
- Two souls, one cranky detective’s body in Two Cops
- What it takes to be a female reporter in Korea according to Two Cops
- First peek at badass officer Jo Jung-seok in MBC’s Two Cops
- Jo Jung-seok gets ready to throw punches in Two Cops stills
- Two Cops gears up for premiere in November with new stills
- Cast of MBC’s Two Cops gathers for first script read
- Hyeri, Choi Woo-shik up to join Jo Jung-seok’s body-swapping Two Cops
- Two Cops courts Han Ji-min to be Jo Jung-seok’s leading lady
- Jo Jung-seok gets a soul transplant for fantasy criminal drama Two Cops