Lee Da-hae takes on a male disguise for Chuno
Lee Da-hae dresses in drag in these latest stills for the upcoming fusion action sageuk Chuno (Pursuing Slaves), although I think the men’s clothes hardly obscure her gender at all. (Of all the recent ladies we’ve seen dressing as men — Lee Yo-won, Moon Geun-young, heck, even Park Shin-hye — I think Lee Da-hae is the least convincing. She’s just too pretty in a very feminine way.)
Lee Da-hae plays Hye-won, a woman who is born a slave and is adopted into a noble family and passed off as an aristocratic young lady. She’s disappointed in love with Jang Hyuk’s character, and in deciding to take her fate into her own hands, she runs away from home. In the process, she has to hide her identity and dresses in men’s clothing, speaking as little as possible and trying to keep as low a profile as she can.
Chuno premieres on KBS on January 6.
- Press conference day for Chuno
- Chuno boasts a solid supporting cast
- From Chuno’s Jeju Island location shoots
- Chuno’s Lee Da-hae and Oh Ji-ho spend first night together
- Lee Da-hae’s sad wedding scene for Chuno
- IRIS and Chuno run into production disputes
- First fight between Chuno’s master and slave
- Oh Ji-ho as Chuno’s tortured slave