Kim So-yeon and Joo Jin-mo for Vogue
Kim So-yeon and Joo Jin-mo take to the pages of Vogue next month for a Coffee-themed shoot that I love: it’s full of intrigue and beautiful period-costume-inspired looks. I’m ridiculously excited for their movie to be out, a fusion historical action thriller about a set of spies who carry out a mission to assassinate a late-Joseon emperor via his coffee. Talk about a habit that’ll kill ya.
Kim So-yeon and Joo Jin-mo play a pair of international spies who team up for the job across enemy lines, and then happen to put everything at risk with their mutual attraction. The film takes place in the Russian embassy, where Emperor Gojong took refuge in 1896. The characters go by Russian names, which maybe makes them Russian nationals, though Joo Jin-mo is a double spy who has alliances elsewhere. The trailer and posters are head-turners, with their stylish modern take on a period thriller, so I sincerely hope the movie holds up to my expectations.
Coffee, directed by PD Jang Yoon-hyun of The King and the Clown, premieres in theaters March 15.
Via TV Report
- Coffee’s action-packed trailer and comic-inspired posters
- Kim So-yeon turns into barista-spy for historical thriller Coffee
- Kim So-yeon sizzles in Arena Homme
- Kim So-yeon for InStyle
- Kim So-yeon to take on Coffee?
- Lee Da-hae drops two films in a row
- Lee Da-hae cast with Joo Jin-mo in period film
- Joo Jin-mo poses in his underwear
- Invincible trailer and official poster
- Kim So-yeon makes her appearance in Athena