Byun Yo-han in talks to join Six Flying Dragons
It’s been a while since I’ve seen an actor skyrocket to fame so quickly, but I’m happy for Byun Yo-han, who followed up his star-making role in Misaeng with the soon-to-premiere Ex-Girlfriend Club, and is now in talks to join another drama right afterward, the SBS historical drama Six Flying Dragons. When you’re on a hot streak, who has time for sleep?
Six Flying Dragons is the sageuk from the Tree With Deep Roots writers (also Queen Seon-deok) and is set in the time of a newly founded Joseon dynasty. Kim Myung-min was recently offered the role of Jung Do-jeon, a man instrumental in helping Joseon’s first king (Yi Seonggye, also known as Taejo) establish the new nation. An offer’s currently out to Yoo Ah-in to take the role of Yi Bang-won, Taejo’s ambitious son who became the nation’s third king, Taejong (and father to Sejong).
Byun Yo-han is up to play a skilled swordsman and the older brother to the heroine (who is yet uncast). He’s the bodyguard to Jung Do-jeon, which I suppose puts him in natural conflict with Yi Bang-won, whose ideas of governing a nation clashed fundamentally with Jung. Basically, we’re looking at a Kim Myung-min–Yoo Ah-in showdown, and I want a front-row seat. (That is, of course, if everybody accepts their offers, since they’re all being cautious in their “we’re still considering” statements.)
Six Flying Dragons is planning to begin shooting in June, to air in October after True Romance (formerly Chaebol’s Daughter). Byun Yo-han, meanwhile, will be busy headlining Ex-Girlfriend Club through the end of June. Ack, that’s a rough schedule! But with Six Flying Dragons shaping up to be one of the big buzz projects of the year, maybe it’s worth the sacrifice?
- Kim Myung-min considers Six Flying Dragons opposite Yoo Ah-in
- Yoo Ah-in courted to headline Six Flying Dragons
- A chance reunion in first stills for Ex-Girlfriend Club
- Pillow talk and hair-pulling in tvN’s Ex-Girlfriend Club
- Roses and catnaps for Byun Yo-han and Song Ji-hyo’s Ex-Girlfriend Club
- Unprecedented team back with Six Flying Dragons
- Lee Yoon-ji joins tvN’s Ex-Girlfriend Club
- Song Ji-hyo courted to join Byun Yo-han’s Ex-Girlfriend Club