Lee Jong-seok considers crime movie One Line
It looks like Lee Jong-seok (Pinocchio) might be headed back to the big screen in a long con — he’s considering an offer to headline a new crime movie called One Line, as the leader of a ring that runs an insurance scam. You could probably sell a lot of fake insurance with a pretty face like that. I’m sure it’ll be way darker than this, but all I can picture when I think of flower boy + insurance is Yoon Doo-joon’s tracksuit-wearing, noona-flattering insurance salesman in Let’s Eat.
The project will be the feature film debut of director Yang Kyung-mo, who won an award for his short film at the 2015 Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival. There’s not a lot of plot detail beyond the basic premise: It’s a crime movie about a large-scale insurance con, and if he signs on, Lee Jong-seok would play the ringleader who carries out the scam. I wonder if it’s more of a crime caper than a gritty thriller, which is just a guess based on the casting.
Lee Jong-seok’s reps were quick to say that he’s just considering it as one of many projects, though I’m curious if it’ll influence his possible drama return in KBS’s Beautiful Mind. I guess I sorrrrta prefer a bad boy con artist to a geeeenius doctor who may or may not have a split personality? But really, why are these the choices when romantic comedy hero would make me so happy?
One Line plans to start shooting this winter for a release next year.
- Lee Jong-seok courted for medical drama Beautiful Mind
- Pinocchio: Episode 1
- Pinocchio teases small-town high school romance
- Lee Jong-seok and Park Shin-hye courted for Pinocchio
- Im Soo-jung, Lee Jong-seok courted to join Jo Jung-seok in Time Renegade
- Doctor Stranger: Episode 1
- Posters and trailer for Hot Blooded Youth
- Lee Jong-seok and Seo In-gook swim for gold
- Lee Jong-seok and Park Shin-hye in fall fashion
- I Hear Your Voice: Episode 1
Tags: Lee Jong-seok