Sung Joon up for Perfect Wife, Lee Sang-yub out
Sung Joon (Madame Antoine) is the latest candidate to potentially act alongside Go So-young (Blue Fish) in her drama comeback Perfect Wife. His role was initially offered to Lee Sang-yub, who was still considering up until yesterday, but he must have turned it down because now Sung Joon is the top name being floated around to play the part.
For the upcoming drama, Go So-young turns into a dutiful housewife and mother of two children, who becomes embroiled in an incident that leads her to rediscover her femininity and renew her sense of purpose in life. Yoon Sang-hyun (Shopping King Louis) and Jo Yeo-jung (Divorce Lawyer in Love) have both confirmed their roles in the drama. Yoon will play Go’s naive husband, a department head in a construction materials firm, whereas Jo will play the main person who brings the life-changing incident to Go.
If Sung Joon also joins, he will be a dirt-poor lawyer with strong ambitions and dreams of success. It sounds similar to his High Society character, except he’ll be a lawyer this time instead of a corporate worker. I liked him more in I Need Romance 3, where the chemistry between him and his co-star Kim So-yeon was off the charts. Since both the female leads for Perfect Wife are older, perhaps his noona-killing powers will end up impressing again.
KBS’s Perfect Wife will air starting next February after Hwarang ends.
Via TV Report
- Lee Sang-yub offered role in KBS’s upcoming Perfect Wife
- Yoon Sang-hyun in talks to play Perfect Wife’s husband for KBS
- Go So-young, Jo Yeo-jung courted for new KBS drama Perfect Wife
- Shin Ha-kyun and Sung Joon join assassin Kim Ok-bin in new action film
- Madam Antoine: Episode 1
- Experimenting with romance in Madam Antoine
- Madam Antoine highlights phony seer and quirky experiment
- Sung Joon and Yeo Jin-gu courted for new film