Fantasy rom-com That Man Oh-soo secures Kim So-eun, Lee Jong-hyun
Casting is finalized for OCN’s fantasy-romance drama That Man Oh-soo, and the two leads who’d been offered the drama earlier have now signed on officially: Kim So-eun (Our Gap-soon) and Lee Jong-hyun (Lingerie Girls’ Generation).
The drama purports to tell a realistic love story of twentysomething young people, while also displaying a sensitive fantasy romance bent. Lee Jong-hyun plays Oh-soo in his first drama leading man role, and he’s certainly an interesting character: Oh-soo is not only a promising expert in the IT field and cafe owner-barista, he also possesses a mysterious magical pollen that moves people’s hearts, making him a Cupid figure for young lovers. It’s through that magic dust that he falls into a “fateful love” with our heroine. Oh, I really hope it’s by mistake—all the better to watch him deal with being caught by his own powers!
Kim So-eun plays Yuri, a young woman with a positive mindset and confident personality who works as a district police officer. Raised by a single mother, her childhood lacked in a number of ways, but she works hard with a good attitude about supporting her family all on her own. She considers charming men with good looks and bad personalities who date around constantly to be the worst. Gee, I wonder where we’d find someone like that lying around…
The drama has also signed on a director and writer, but as they appear to be newcomers, we can’t glean any clues from that. It sounds like a cute setup with a whimsical bent, and while I’d be warier with a lesser cast, I do really love Kim So-eun playing bright and energetic characters, and I have generally neutral-to-warm feelings about Lee Jong-hyun. Fingers are crossed!
That Man Oh-soo will be entirely pre-produced and has nearly completed its scriptwriting stage. It will begin filming in December and plans to air on OCN in March as a Monday-Tuesday drama.
- Lee Jong-hyun and Kim So-eun up to play cursed lovers in OCN’s That Man Oh-soo
- Lingerie Girls’ Generation: Episode 1
- KBS raises the curtain on its annual Drama Special series
- Lee Jong-hyun up for lead role in Lingerie Girls’ Generation
- Lee Sang-yub, Kim So-eun as husband-wife in You’re Closer Than I Think
- Gong Seung-yeon, Lee Jong-hyun’s My Only Love Song gets picked up by Netflix
- Kim So-eun to reunite with Song Jae-rim in SBS family drama
- Scholar Who Walks the Night: Episode 1