Flowers and fun for 100 Days My Prince
Fluffy rom-com coming right up! Promo stills, posters, and a new teaser have been released for 100 Days My Prince. In the titular prince role is EXO’s D.O. (With the Gods), and the heroine of the story is to be played by Nam Ji-hyun (Suspicious Partner).
When a drought befalls the land of Joseon, the the crown prince issues a royal decree that old bachelors and bachelorettes must marry to restore balance in energy. However, during a foiled assassination attempt, he somehow loses his memory and so, the perfect prince becomes a good-for-nothing idiot. He becomes prey to his own edict, and is married off to the oldest bachelorette in town, Nam Ji-hyun. The flower-filled poster above reads: “A fateful marriage begins, an inevitable romance to follow.”
In the newly released teaser, beautiful flower petals fall as Nam Ji-hyun and Prince D.O. walk along. When she stretches her hand out to touch the petals, he is reminded of his childhood when he once promised to marry a little girl. A copy flashes onscreen: “A hundred days, a moment that was for forever. A missing prince, and the story of those hundred days.” A cute little scene shows D.O. and Nam Ji-hyun as they decide on what to call him, and he insists that she call him “dear husband.” The teaser closes out with D.O.’s voiceover where he says that she’s his woman and he’s her husband, for as long as he says.
Amnesiac princes, cohabitation, childhood sweetheart reunions, and forced marriage—all excellent ingredients for a K-drama. 100 Days My Prince is looking more and more like an adorably sweet drama to look forward to this fall.
Monday-Tuesday tvN drama 100 Days My Prince begins airing on September 10.
- A marriage that ended a drought in tvN’s 100 Days My Prince
- EXO’s D.O. and Nam Ji-hyun courted for tvN historical rom-com
- Suspicious Partner: Episodes 1-2
- Nam Ji-hyun in final negotiations to star in Beware This Woman
- Shin Ha-kyun confirms, D.O. considers murder mystery Room 7 as next project
- Jo Jung-seok and D.O. have headbutt contest for sibling comedy Hyung
- EXO’s D.O. to headline new web drama from director of Twenty