Im Joo-hwan cast in new MBC drama The Spy Who Loved Me
A new drama is being planned on MBC called The Spy Who Loved Me and casting has been confirmed for actor Im Joo-hwan (The Game: Towards Zero). According to previous reports, Eric (Unique! Chef Moon) and Yoo Inna (Reach of Sincerity) are currently being courted as well.
The story is a spy melodrama about a woman who finds herself in a confusing situation involving both her current husband as well as her ex-husband. All three are hiding secrets that complicate their relationships with one another and she tries to uncover who is actually on her side.
There is not much yet known about Im Joo-hwan’s role (presumably he will be playing one of the husbands). The character is described as someone who has contrasting personalities, running both hot and cold. Although there are times when he is perfectly gentle and warm, there are also times he is distant and cool.
Although Im Joo-hwan will most likely (again!) be playing second lead, he is great at playing complex characters. And I can’t complain about seeing him in another project potentially this year. Here’s hoping it’s a good one!
Writing for the drama is screenwriter Lee Ji-min (The Man Standing Next, Illang: The Wolf Brigade, The Drug King) and directing will be done PD Lee Jae-jin (The Banker, Woman With a Suitcase).
MBC drama The Spy Who Loved Me is currently being planned to start production towards the end of 2020.
- Rom-com Unique! Chef Moon releases still cuts of Eric and Go Won-hee
- The Game: Towards Zero: Episodes 1-2
- Song Seung-heon preps for The Great Show with Im Joo-hwan, Lee Sun-bin
- Que Sera Sera remake in the works with offers out to Eric, Jung Yumi
- Different Dreams: Episodes 1-2
- [Actor Spotlight] Yoo Inna
- Lee Dong-wook and Yoo Inna take the bickering to court in tvN’s Reach of Sincerity