Yook Sung-jae confirms first post-army project
Popular Naver webtoon Golden Spoon (written by Sung Hyun-dong via the pseudonym HD3) is getting a drama adaptation thanks to MBC, and it’s just been announced that Yook Sung-jae (Mystic Pop-up Bar) will be starring. The story explores the meaning of wealth and family, and which of those two can make people truly happy.
Yook Sung-jae is set to play the main character — a student who’s born into an impoverished family. By fate, he finds a “golden spoon” that gives him the chance to be reborn as his friend, a rich young man who’s had wealth’s advantages showered on him since birth.
Golden Spoon is co-written by Yoon Eun-kyung (The Prime Minister and I) and Kim Eun-hee, and directed by Song Hyun-wook (The King’s Affection). The drama is expected to air next summer.
Via Sports Chosun
- Mystic Pop-up Bar: Episode 1
- New Mystic Pop-up Bar teaser and Yook Sung-jae’s last video message before military
- Yook Sung-jae, Hwang Jung-eum in new stills for Mystic Pop-up Bar
- Fantasy drama Mystic Pop-up Bar releases new teaser
- Hwang Jung-eum, Yook Sung-jae consider new JTBC fantasy drama Hwang Jung-eum, Yook Sung-jae consider new JTBC fantasy drama
Tags: Yook Sung-jae