Jung Ryeo-won considering new legal drama
Actress Jung Ryeo-won (Diary of a Prosecutor) may be coming back to the small screen with I Will Start the Defense. The drama is about a rookie public defender who’s only three months into her job when she has to defend the murderer who killed his own significant other.
Jung Ryeo-won’s character is the main lead who has been a motae solo (“single since birth”) for her entire 33 years of life. As she’s called to defend this murderer, she falls into the biggest moral dilemma of her career. If Jung Ryeo-won confirms, it’ll be her third legal drama. In Witch at Court and Diary of a Prosecutor, she played the prosecutor, so it’ll be interesting to see her take on a lawyer’s role in I Will Start the Defense.
Written by Kim Dan and directed by Kang Min-goo, I Will Start the Defense will begin filming next February, and will likely air sometime in 2023 on the global online platform OTT.
Via Sports Chosun
- Diary of a Prosecutor: Episode 1
- Different approaches to justice in Diary of a Prosecutor
- Jung Ryeo-won, Lee Seon-kyun take a stand in new teaser for Diary of a Prosecutor
- First script read for slice-of-life legal drama Diary of a Prosecutor
- Lee Seon-kyun, Jung Ryeo-won to co-star in new JTBC drama Prosecutor’s War
Tags: Jung Ryeo-won