Cute. Kim Kang-woo (Story of a Man) and Jo Yeo-jung (I Need Romance) play the titular sweethearts of Haeundae Lovers, KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday series, and in the drama’s first stills, they’re already looking cozy and crackling with chemistry. Maybe Jo Yeo-jung’s just the kind of actress who sparks with all her co-stars, like Yoon Eun-hye or Kim Sun-ah.
Haeundae Lovers is shooting entirely on location in Haeundae, Busan, which is where these photos from the poster shoot come from. I’m going to guess this scene takes place after elite prosecutor Kim Kang-woo loses his memory, ’cause it sounds like there’s no way his pre-amnesia personality would shack up with a gangster’s daughter. It’s kind of a conveniently perfect opposites-attract conflict… but who said that was a bad thing? Amnesia that brings people together (instead of tearing them apart with so much aaaaangst) = basically my favorite use of amnesia, always.
So far, it looks like there’s plenty of rom up in this sucker; I’m just hoping for an equally strong com element. Haeundae Lovers follows Big, premiering on August 6.
Via TV Report
- Haeundae Lovers fills out its supporting cast
- Jung Seok-won joins Haeundae Lovers
- Kim Kang-woo and Jo Yeo-jung for Haeundae Lovers
- Kim Bum faces off against Kim Kang-woo in Miracle
- Japanese movie next for Kim Kang-woo
- Jo Yeo-jung’s Stroke of Good Luck
- I Need Romance: Episodes 1-2