Choi Jin-hyuk courted to join Fated To Love You
Now that Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara have confirmed that they’ll be reuniting for the summer romantic comedy drama Fated to Love You, the offer has been made to Choi Jin-hyuk (Emergency Couple) to play the second lead. He’s considering favorably, though there are currently other offers on his plate. I don’t really want Choi Jin-hyuk to play a second lead in dramas anymore, but perhaps the project is too tempting to pass up. I do like him in rom-coms, so I can’t exactly complain about it if he joins the cast of an upbeat show.
Fated to Love You is a remake of the 2008 Taiwanese drama of the same name, about a couple forced into a contract marriage after a one-night stand gets them pregnant. Jang Hyuk plays the chaebol heir with a prickly shell, and Jang Nara plays the weak heroine whose only good trait is her kindness (grooooan).
If he signs on, Choi Jin-hyuk will play the other guy who falls for Jang Nara and has a one-sided love for her. I can already feel the line forming for the second lead support group. Will there be hugs and free cookies?
Fated to Love You will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays on MBC, following A New Leaf (which follows Sly and Single Again). It premieres in July.
Via My Daily
- Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk reunite for summer rom-com
- Choi Jin-hyuk considering lead in movie Trot
- Choi Jin-hyuk to play young Lee Soon-jae
- Emergency Couple: Episodes 1-2
- Heirs: Episode 1
- Choi Jin-hyuk joins the bad guys in God’s Play
- Cuteness behind the scenes of Gu Family Book
- Choi Jin-hyuk interview: “I lost hair stressing about the drama”
- Gu Family Book: Episode 1