Nam Sang-mi confirms Joseon Gunman
This isn’t new news, as the casting was previously teased, but now Nam Sang-mi has confirmed taking the lead role in KBS’s upcoming romantic sageuk-action-thriller drama Joseon Gunman.
Yay! (…for some of us, I guess, since it seems some people aren’t thrilled with this pairing, although I totally don’t get it because I love her! But fine, I understand that people have different reactions to various actors. And I suppose if you’ve only seen her in her recent work — say, Goddess of Marriage or Light and Shadow — you may not have seen her at her most charming. I loved her sunniness in Bad Family and Gourmet, and she can be spunky as well [Invincible Lee Pyeong-gang, Sweet Spy].)
So far this puts the confirmed cast at Lee Jun-ki (Two Weeks), Han Joo-wan (King’s Family, and now Nam Sang-mi. Her character is described as having been raised in privilege but growing to be courageous and fearless, becoming something of a modern woman of the times. The drama is set in the twilight years of the Joseon era, at a time of rapid modernization, as evidenced by the hero’s choosing of the gun over the sword as his mode of vengeance for his wronged family.
Joseon Gunman will begin filming this month, and plans to air in June.
Via Joy News
- Lee Jun-ki and Nam Sang-mi for Joseon Gunman
- Lee Jun-ki positively considering Joseon Gunman
- New star Han Joo-wan cast in Joseon Gunman
- Nam Sang-mi joins Cha Tae-hyun in Slow Video
- First character stills from Nam Sang-mi’s Goddess of Marriage
- The Princess’s Man PD returns with new sageuk for KBS
- The Princess’s Man: Series review