Ji Chang-wook and Shim Eun-kyung confirmed for action thriller Invented City
The cast is confirmed and cameras are rolling for the new crime action thriller movie Invented City, which stars Ji Chang-wook (Healer) as an everyman who suddenly finds himself on the run from the law when he gets framed for a murder, and Shim Eun-kyung (Cantabile Tomorrow) as the person who helps him clear his name. Pssh, what’s a tiny little murder rap to the Healer?
The new film from director Park Kwang-hyun of Welcome to Dongmakgol is about an unemployed loser who’s the heroic leader of a team in his virtual gaming world, but a washout in real life. One day he’s accused of murder in an elaborate frame job and his whole life changes overnight, and he sets out to find the truth and fight against the people who set him up.
Shim Eun-kyung plays a genius hacker who helps Ji Chang-wook get to the truth. Hm, a guy fighting a murder charge with a genius hacker fairy on his side? Throw in ninja skills and he’s basically the Healer! Not that I’m complaining about this, mind you, especially from these two actors.
Oh Jung-se (The Lover) co-stars as a secretive public defender, Kim Sang-ho (Doctor Stranger) plays a ruthless man who chases Ji Chang-wook to the bitter end, and Ji Chang-wook’s fellow gamer team members include Kim Ki-chun (Revivre), Ahn Jae-hong (C’est Si Bon), and Kim Min-gyo (SNL Korea).
Invented City is shooting now and plans to hit theaters next year.
Via TV Report
- News bites: March 21, 2015
- Healer: Episode 1
- Cantabile Tomorrow: Episode 1
- Ji Chang-wook’s slow-and-steady philosophy
- Ji Chang-wook, Park Min-young in the mix to join Healer
- Shim Eun-kyung confirms Nodame Cantabile remake
- Shim Eun-kyung courted for Waiting For You
- Ji Chang-wook and Sol Kyung-gu team up for Joseon cop comedy
- Shim Eun-kyung’s grandma body-swap comedy Suspicious Girl
- Ji Chang-wook courted to romance Ha Ji-won in Empress Ki