Name That Drama: Dance-free Flashdance and poopy shoes
As always, feel free to email us your questions and requests for future Name That Drama installments.
- I got caught up in the story, and now I kind of want to see this
First off, I want to thank you for this installment. I’ve found a lot of GREAT dramas through this. Okay, on to the description.
I can’t remember if this was a Korean, Japanese, or Taiwanese movie. I came across it when I was really getting into Asian dramas and movies, however, the quality of the video and the hairstyles made it seem like it might have come out in the ’80s or around that time. I got to watch the first half on TV and was going to go back and try to watch it online, however I could not remember the title and Google was no help with the description that I had. I remember the male lead looked to be about 16-18, and I guess he was walking from school because he had a backpack on his back. Then he was confronted by three grown men, and they suddenly started bullying him.
I remember that they were saying something about how his kind didn’t belong there (they were dressed nice and he wasn’t) and him glaring at them when he said father entitled him to be there. It made the group upset, and the grown men started to beat the crap out of this poor boy. When they finished with him they left him lying there and went into a bar or a club, not sure which. They were drinking and cheering for what they had just done when the boy came in to confront the trio again. They were about to about to attack the boy again when he rushed at the group and started fighting back. One of the men pulled out a knife (or maybe it was a gun) and the boy started fighting him over it.
Well, the man gets shot or stabbed in the tussle, and the boy got scared and ran away with the gun/knife while the owner was calling the cops. It switches scenes to the main female lead and her mother. Her mother was really overprotective and strict on her daughter. I remember she was leaving the house for the weekend or something, and she told her daughter that if she did anything bad she would find out and punish her. As soon as she left the daughter quickly ran to her room and grabbed a box she had hidden in her closet. Inside was alcohol and cigarettes. She turned up her music really loud and started jumping on her bed while she was smoking and drinking.
Suddenly, over the noise, she heard the sound of something breaking over the loud music and went to investigate. She went around the house trying to find where the noise came from and saw that the kitchen door was opened and the window was broken. She immediately ran to the phone that was in the living room, but before she could reach it, the male lead grabbed her from behind and covered her mouth to silence her screams. She saw the gun/knife and started to fight more. He told her he wouldn’t hurt her if she did exactly what he said.
That’s as far as I got before I had to leave. I really really really want to find this movie and see how it ends. Because the male lead didn’t seem like he was a bad kid, he just seemed to have been pushed into a bad situation. If anybody can identify this movie it will be highly appreciated. Thank you!
- Drama fabric is just naturally thinner
The lead woman has an attitude problem and a lot of people don’t like her, except for this one guy…
I remember a reunion (not so sure) scene where the woman was there in the center along with other people. Then someone passing by accidentally slipped on the floor and got a hold of her skirt. Naturally, the woman’s skirt got ripped right there in front of the whole party.
The guy I mentioned earlier swooped in and saved the day, of course. He entered the hall, took off his tux or jacket and draped it on her waist before escorting her out of the room.
I’ve been looking for this drama for ages. Please help me find this, Beanies. Thank you in advance!
- This one’s going to be tough, I think
Fellow drama addicts, I really need help!
I have not seen this Korean drama, but I caught a glimpse of one of the last episodes. There were several rich-looking men in suits in a courtroom, and one guy was accusing the villain of all of his evil doings. The villain denies everything, then they bring in a girl in a wheelchair who supports all of the accusations. I’m not sure when this aired, but I saw this in Taiwan in April 2013 so must have been before then! Thanks!!!
- C’mon Beanies, let’s help her find her laughter!
Hey fellow Beanies,
I’m in search of a drama of which I only have a vague memory of. However, there is one scene that I remember crystal clear because it was so hilarious: There is a little boy in the lead girl’s hometown who harbors an innocent crush on her. The lead girl visits her hometown with the prickly lead boy, and the little boy becomes very jealous at the sight of the two of them. His plan? To take a dump in the lead boy’s shoes and let him wear them. His evil face and the lead boy’s shocked face sent me into fits of laughter.
Please, Beanies, help me out! I haven’t laughed like that in a long time.
- Another two-for-one special
I have two old dramas that I remember snippets of from when I was a kid.
1. The female lead is a construction worker and the male lead is some kind of business/CEO type (it’s sort of like Flashdance without the dancing). The main character’s mom dislikes her for some reason and prefers her sister (who doesn’t do any construction work). I think at one point in the drama, the female lead carries the male lead. Also, at the end, they have a daughter and the female lead is very strict about her, mirroring the relationship she had with her own mother (they sort things out), and I remember she could only have one child because the construction work did her back in or something like that.
2. This one is about a terminally ill man who enrolls in a university course, and his professor is the female lead. She’s three years older than him and I remember that because they have a conversation where she’s like “I’m three years older than you” in her office.
I’ve wondered about these for so long. Any help would be amazing.
Thanks for playing, everyone — till next time!
- Name That Drama: Ticking clocks and dramatic dreams
- Name That Drama: Metro indoctrination and volatile gum
- Name That Drama: Bathroom mishaps and a bit of nudity
- Name That Drama: Time traveling and chivalrous acts
- Name That Drama: Gravesite farting and generous snipers
- Name That Drama: Steadily amping up the difficulty level
Tags: Name That Drama