Namgoong Min offered spot on Jeon Hye-bin’s Falsify team
Namgoong Min, who just recently wrapped up his successful office comedy Chief Kim, is already looking at new projects. According to his agency, 935 Entertainment, he received an offer to star in upcoming SBS legal drama Falsify. The plot is centered around a story of how a group of reporters and prosecutors work together to uncover the truth in a world that’s layered in deception.
Writer Kim Hyun-jung (Who Are You—School 2015) is writing the script, and if he confirms, Namgoong Min will be playing a reporter. Lauded actors Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing) and Yoo Joon-sang (Pied Piper) are also still considering signing onto the project; they’re up for the parts of an elite prosecutor and stubborn journalist, respectively. Jeon Hye-bin (Woman With a Suitcase) has also been tapped to play a photographer who works with Yoo Joon-sang’s team. So it looks like the decks are stacked with more media people than legal people, but the plot heavily hints at corruption, so I’m sure we’ll get more than our fair share of unscrupulous justice officials and politicians.
Namgoong Min’s casting is not decided yet, as his recent popularity from Chief Kim has gotten him bombarded with scripts for movies, dramas, and plays and he is still deciding which follow-up project to go with. Monday-Tuesday drama Falsify will air on SBS starting sometime in July this year.
- Jeon Hye-bin up to join SBS’s Falsify as photojournalist
- Chun Woo-hee, Yoo Joon-sang consider new SBS legal thriller Falsify
- Namgoong Min: The introspective actor with a gift for comedy
- Chief Kim: Episode 1
- Making rock music with office supplies in new Chief Kim teaser
- Hilarious first trailer and teasers for Chief Kim
- First script read and stills for Nam-Namgoong couple in Chief Kim
- Namgoong Min courted to become quirky boss Chief Kim