Yeon Jung-hoon considers going villainous for Man to Man
Wait, are they going to have to change the title to Man to Man to Man now? Because if Yeon Jung-hoon (Mask) is going to be joining Park Hae-jin (Cheese in the Trap) and Park Sung-woong (Remember—Son’s War) in the JTBC action drama Man to Man, well, that’s a lot of manliness we’re dealing with.
Currently, Yeon Jung-hoon has been offered the role but has not yet confirmed it; there isn’t a description out yet for his character, though it’s described as a villain. Which, yay and yum. The two main characters are an elite bodyguard with a mysterious past (Park Hae-jin) and the stuntman-turned-Hallyu-star (Park Sung-woong) he gets assigned to protect, and while I couldn’t imagine Yeon Jung-hoon playing third fiddle as a supporting lead, I can on the other hand totally picture him as a scene-stealing villain. Preferably wearing lots of eyeliner. Maybe twirling a mustache and giving good smolder. And I suppose I can be retroactively glad that KBS freed up Yeon’s schedule to allow for Man to Man by scrapping his sageuk drama. Thank… you?
Chae Jung-ahn is in final negotiations to join the cast as a former Miss Korea who marries into a chaebol family, but it looks like there’ll be another leading lady role that has yet to be cast. There was a brief round of news that Han Ji-min was going to take that role, but it was immediately quashed by her management, who stated that while they’d done an initial schedule check, she’d never officially been offered the role. So we’ll have to wait and see who will eventually fill that spot, and I’m keeping my hopes up for a solid pick.
Man to Man plans to begin shooting in early October and will broadcast next year,
- Chae Jung-ahn in talks to romance Park Sung-woong in Man to Man
- Park Sung-woong goes Man to Man with Park Hae-jin
- KBS strikes Yeon Jung-hoon sageuk from official schedule
- Yeon Jung-hoon and Ryu Jin consider KBS historical drama
- Character info revealed for Park Hae-jin’s “ghost agent” in Man to Man
- Oh Hae-young PD in talks to helm Park Hae-jin’s Man to Man
- Confirmed: Park Hae-jin returns to dramaland for Man to Man
- Ms. Temper and her three ex-husbands
- Mask: Episode 1-2