Park Sung-woong to play villain to Choi Jin-hyuk’s superhero in Rugal
Yesss! We get to see Park Sung-woong (When the Devil Calls Your Name) return as a new charismatic baddie character. It was recently confirmed that he will be joining the webcomic-turned-superhero drama Rugal. Earlier this month it was confirmed the Rugal had cast Choi Jin-hyuk (Justice) as the main protagonist, a cop with bionic eyes.
A shadowy syndicate called Argos kills Choi Jin-hyuk’s beloved wife, takes his eyes, and frames him for murder. In the midst of this tragedy, a special organization called Rugal offers him a new set of artificial eyes, designed with extra capabilities. He takes the offer, and begins to hunt down the criminal syndicate that started it all.
Park Sung-woong is set to play a highly intelligent and thoughtful man, who is the hidden, real mover-and-shaker of Argos. He takes a recklessly violent mafia group and uses its insidious power to begin to dominate the world. Born to this evil underworld of crime, he is capable of committing the perfect crime without leaving even a trace of evidence.
OCN’s Rugal, written by Do Hyun and directed by Kang Chul-woo, is set to air in the first half of next year.
- Choi Jin-hyuk becomes superhero for OCN Rugal
- When the Devil Calls Your Name: Episode 1
- Stolen dreams and brutal honesty in tvN’s When the Devil Calls Your Name
- New character posters for tvN’s When the Devil Calls Your Name
- First look at Jung Kyung-ho, Park Sung-woong in tvN fantasy comedy
- Hundred Million Stars From the Sky: Episode 1