First script reading for SBS Hyena with Kim Hye-soo, Joo Ji-hoon
New stills have been released of SBS’s upcoming legal drama Hyena, featuring the first script reading that took place this past October. Attendees of the event included actors Kim Hye-soo (Signal), Joo Ji-hoon (Item), Lee Kyung-young (Vagabond), Kim Ho-jung (Chocolate), and Hwang Bora (Vagabond) among other cast and crew.
The story takes place within the dog-eat-dog world of lawyers, where the competition for survival is ruthlessly self-seeking and driven by the lure of money. At the center of this are lawyers Kim Hye-soo and Joo Ji-hoon, who have a complicated history and rivalry.
Kim Hye-soo plays the role of Jung Geum-ja, a hyena-like lawyer who uses any tactic or means for the sake of money. In personality, she is at times charismatic; at times comedic. As her rival, Joo Ji-hoon plays lawyer Yoon Hee-jae who comes from a wealthy background and is part of society’s elite.
Lee Kyung-young and Kim Ho-jung also play lawyers and, together with most of the supporting cast, will be representing one of the top law firms in South Korea.
Written by Kim Roo-ri and directed by PD Jang Tae-yoo (You From Another Star, Tree With Deep Roots), Hyena is currently set to premiere on February 21 and will be airing Fridays and Saturdays on SBS.
- Kim Hye-soo, Joo Ji-hoon confirm high-powered elite lawyers roles in SBS legal drama
- Fighting a god in MBC’s sci-fi action-thriller Item
- Netflix’s Kingdom brings terrifying zombies and corrupt palace decadence
- Kim Hye-soo becomes the beautiful but cruel Special Lady
- Welcome to the afterlife in With the Gods
- Kim Hye-soo considers new action-comedy Okay Madam
- Kim Hye-soo to make cameo appearance in Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim