Hwang Jung-min returns to dramaland in JTBC’s newsroom drama Hush
After nearly eight years, award-winning actor Hwang Jung-min (The Spy Gone North) is coming back to the small screen through a drama called Hush. Set against the backdrop of a newspaper company, it’s a workplace drama that will tell the story of reporters, their ambitions, and their ethical dilemmas.
Hwang Jung-min has been cast as the main lead, Han Joon-hyuk, a veteran reporter who began his career to fight for a just society. He’s worked in different departments to further that end. Now he has a wife and kids, and must balance his idealism with reality.
Although his last drama, Hanbando, was not well-received, I expect that whatever Hwang Jung-min does will contain stellar acting. I just hope that the writing and directing will be able to keep up. During his dramaland absence, Hwang Jung-min has been prolific with his film output and he’s carved out a thriving career in the theater world as well, both acting in plays and directing musicals like Assassin and Okepi.
Upcoming JTBC drama Hush is currently casting the rest of its lineup, and is set to air sometime in the latter half of this year.
- [Movie Review] Despite its nationalism, Ode to My Father captures the pain of a generation
- Song Joong-ki, Hwang Jung-min, So Ji-sub escape Battleship Island
- Jung Woo-sung is up to no good in Asura
- Mystery-thriller film The Wailing to appear in 69th Cannes Film Festival
- Hwang Jung-min, So Ji-sub, Song Joong-ki team up for prison break