This is a cool concept that just got more interesting after the announcement that Go Soo (Empire of Gold) might headline: The new movie Lucid Dream will be about a father who revisits his dreams in order to parse together clues to save his kidnapped child. It’s a suspense thriller produced by NEW and helmed by new director Kim Joon-sung (who worked on the bromance action movie Fist of Legend), and offers are currently out to Go Soo and Sol Kyung-gu (Hope) to costar.
The movie is based on the concept that you can purposefully control your dream environment while lucid dreaming, the boundaries of which I’m sure will be stretched in the film. If he signs on, Go Soo will play the father of a child who gets kidnapped, and in order to unpack the facts he’s buried in his memory, he has to get the help of someone who can send him back into his dreams while half-awake. They race against the clock while poking around in his dreams for clues about the crime, which he collects in bits pieces. There aren’t any details yet about Sol Kyung-gu’s character.
Is it basically Inception with a dash of Memento baked with Ajusshi? On second thought, it kind of sounds like the OCN “memory-chase” drama Reset… I hope it does a better job than that. If it’s directed well, this could be a stylish thriller that’s both psychologically creepy and full of suspenseful action.
Lucid Dream plans to start shooting early next year.
Via Ten Asia
- Fashion and intrigue propel period melodrama Tailors
- Sol Kyung-gu and Yeo Jin-gu courted for war movie
- Movie Review: Cold Eyes
- Go Soo offered lead in legal thriller Insufficient Evidence
- Go Soo re-teams with Han Hyo-joo for experimental art film
- Ji Chang-wook and Sol Kyung-gu team up for Joseon cop comedy
- Go Soo pairs with Moon Chae-won as lifelong lovers
- Jeon Do-yeon’s based-on-a-true-story thriller The Way Home
- Action-romance hijinks in spy comedy The Spy
- First teaser and character posters for Empire of Gold