Jin Se-yeon joins Jung Il-woo for Korean-Chinese web drama
Is there anyone who isn’t doing a web drama these days? It’s an interesting trend, especially with more and more international co-productions being made, like this one, starring Jung Il-woo (Records of a Night Watchman). It’s a Korean-Chinese web drama called The Greatest One-Sided Love No One’s Ever Seen Before, and now Jin Se-yeon (Doctor Stranger) has signed on to play his leading lady.
The web series is being produced by Kim Jong Hak Productions (Hwajeong, Masked Prosecutor) and the Chinese portal site Sohu.com, where the drama will air. Despite the title’s claim, it sounds like a rather common romantic setup, between a perfect man and a poor girl from a mountain village. She’s pure as the driven snow and knows nothing of the world, and he meets her and falls in love for the first time. It’s described as a romantic comedy with an innocent love story.
Maybe an innocent mountain girl won’t know human emotions, and therefore will struggle to express them. Maybe they’ll have surprising chemistry? Um… maybe they’ll be dubbed over in Chinese? At least she won’t be a doctor? I’m trying to be positive here. I don’t know why Jung Il-woo insists on picking projects that don’t get me excited, but on the upside, I’m pretty sure this one will be gloriously short. See, there’s always an upside to everything.
The Greatest One-Sided Love No One’s Ever Seen Before plans to be released online in September.
- Jin Se-yeon courted to romance Lee Jun-ki in Scholar Who Walks the Night
- News bites: May 9, 2015
- Blood: Jung Il-woo out, Ahn Jae-hyun in?
- Jin Se-yeon, Hong Jong-hyun couple up in Family of Cops
- Records of a Night Watchman: Episode 1
- Doctor Stranger: Episode 1
- Jin Se-yeon joins Lee Jong-seok in Doctor Stranger
- Gold Rainbow: An Introduction
- Age of Feeling: Episode 1
- Gaksital (Bridal Mask): Episode 1