This’ll be quite the lineup for the new film remake of Golden Slumber, a thriller based on the Isaka Kotaro novel of the same name that follows the harrowing chase of an everyman wrongfully accused of assassinating the prime minister. Kang Dong-won (Master) has signed on to headline, and Han Hyo-joo (Love, Lies) is confirmed to co-star after taking a break from films for most of the year to do the drama W–Two Worlds.
The remake will be directed by Noh Dong-seok (Boys of Tomorrow) and tells the story of an average deliveryman who gets framed for the assassination of the newly elected prime minister. He’s the innocent patsy in a massive conspiracy, but the evidence against him is so overwhelming that he’s forced to run for his life. The suspenseful story follows his first 48 hours on the run, as he searches for the true culprit and the powerful people who have conspired to pin the murder on him.
Kim Eui-sung, Kim Sung-kyun, Kim Dae-myung
Kang Dong-won will headline as the deliveryman, and Han Hyo-joo will play his old college classmate who now works as a radio reporter. Aw, and she’ll be reuniting with her W dad Kim Eui-sung (Yourself and Yours, Train to Busan), cast to play a mysterious man who helps Kang Dong-won. Misaeng’s Kim Dae-myung (Pandora, The Last Princess) will play another college friend of Kang’s, who was in a band with him during their school days and now works as a divorce attorney. And Kim Sung-kyun (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, Detective Hong Gil-dong) has been cast as a computer repairman. Is he also a hacker on the side? Because that could be useful to a man framed for treason.
I just like the idea of Kang Dong-won and Kim Dae-myung being in a college rock band—where’s that movie? Okay, so an Enemy of the State-style manhunt sounds pretty cool too, especially with the condensed time element of the story. There’s nothing like a good fugitive action thriller to get the heart pumping.
Golden Slumber plans to start filming early in the new year, for a 2017 release.
Via Sports Chosun
- Lee Byung-heon, Kang Dong-won face off for Kim Woo-bin’s loyalty in Master
- Kang Dong-won shows his inner child in Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned
- Kang Dong-won as delivery boy on the run in remake of Japanese film
- The race is on to catch a legendary conman in crime thriller Master
- W–Two Worlds: Episode 1
- Kang Dong-won, Yoo Ah-in up for new film from directory of Poetry
- Han Hyo-joo, Lee Jong-seok confirm new MBC melodrama W
- Han Hyo-joo and the many faces of the man who loves her
- Yoo Yeon-seok to reunite with Han Hyo-joo in period movie